Esnagi Lake Trip

Lachine60

Good morning,
Heading to Esnagi Lake and Lodge Eighty Eight to catch up with old friends from across the country whom I have not seen since Covid. I am wondering if anyone has been up there to fish? I think I have bought plenty of gear for the guys but wondering if there any additional tips. I have jigs, rapalas at different depths and plenty of Williams spoons for pike. Hoping they can help us with some locations since I have no experience on this lake. Does anybody know where I can purchase a nautical map for this lake?

Been to Lodge 88 a couple of times, very much a huge high-end class act, can't say enough. Train or fly in? Anything you need, guides or guidance, maps, directions, bait, suggestions, anything at all, they will provide. Ask at front desk or at docks. Very big lake, we had success all over. Right in front of lodge is a hotspot. Farthest north end, too. We had great fishing all over. Our main focus was walleyes. While we were there, Fish'n Canada taped a show there. As I recall, don't play poker with Chef.

Thanks, the weather outlook is not great but I am really looking forward to it. Armia, I believe it is called Esnagi Lake

Is that Esnagi or Esnagami?
I moose hunted all over the north and they are 2 different lakes Arnie. Esnagi is in Algoma district north of Wawa and Esnagami is in Thunder Bay district north of Geralton.

It hit fishing Canada top 10 list for pickerel. (aka Walleye). https://fishncanada.com/top-10-canadian-walleye-hotspots/

This Hotspot is a great one for big Walleye and it’s close to the world-class Lodge 88.
Troll or drift parallel to the bank in around seven to fourteen feet of water with a worm harness, a leech on a drop shot or live bait rig, or even a crankbait.

I went with a group of guys in September a couple years ago. The fishing is great! Biggest walleye was 28" caught right in front of the lodge on a gold vibrato. The bite mark scar on it's side was probably 14". We got into a couple pike in the 40" range. Gold Williams Wobbler was my best lure but a 7" perch rapala did well too. Minnows worked well for walleye.

If Johnny is still the guide he is worth the money to learn a few spots. Make sure you go with a shore lunch and request his chips. They also had paper maps with W and P all over the lake. We generally caught what was indicated.

If you're going with the american plan make sure your belt has room to expand.

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_140910_01.jpg
    IMG_20200919_140910_01.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200919_135636.jpg
    IMG_20200919_135636.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 16
Went up there a few years ago and I have to agree with everyone else that this is a 1st class lodge. They treat you like royalty and you will get the best meals and never be hungry. The fishing is awesome. We always started at the other end of the lake and worked our way back during the day. Just try to find the humps on the bottom and fish around them for walleye. In the evening we just went straight out from the lodge and stayed a little to the right. Find the weed beds there and you will get lots of pike. A simple coloured 1/4 or 3/8 oz jig head with a leech for walleye, and spinner baits for the pike. Just need to find the right colour for each, although it never really seemed to matter too much about colour. You will have a great trip!!

Came back from Esnagi Lake and Lodge Eighty Eight. What a first class run deal that place is. First day was slow with about 12-15 pickerel and several nice pike. Second day hooked up with Johnny the guide. I am not sure how many fish we caught but had to be close to 70 between three boats. Shore lunch was the highlight of the trip for me.lodge accommodations are beautiful and you better come hungry!!! They feed you well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks