Erieau help

fishing girl pink

Has anyone been to Erieau lately if so where did you launch and what was working. Thinking of heading there tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

I’m not sure as I haven’t fished it before. But I will be there tomorrow also so maybe see you out there. I will be sure to report back how we made out. Good luck on your trip and hopefully someone chimes in with some tips!!

Launch is definitely open, was there earlier for a tackle purchase and there were at least 5 or 6 boats out.

I yak attack'd out of Erieau on Sunday afternoon-evening. Launch is open and the young dude is taking names and deposits while the shop was closed on Sunday. Not many boats sunday.

Watch out for several...SEVERAL commercial nets immediately west of port and out about 2 miles (about 45-60 dpw). Also, there are a few illegal nets also (as marked by a single purple balloon only) in about 35 fow closer to shore. Found one of those the hard way (F'rs).

Sadly, I had no luck nor interest and ran spoons, bodies and harnesses. I also don't think I marked two handfuls of fish in about 6 hours of running. Too early.

Let us know how you do.

King Joe Outa Here!

ya when it got light enough to see the super clear water clarity yesterday on LSC..not good ..I was lucky to get 5 pics early..

need rain and wind to offset inshore water clarity...along with water temps continue to bump up..

hope to head back to pt peele next week..ya when conditions improve

good luck to those fishin the long weekend

In the bay, I launched out of the provincial park as marinas were closed.

Gold Johnson silver minnow in some weeds produced some pike.

I tried Sunday may 23 in the afternoon. As mentioned commercial nets west of port starting from 40-45 fow about 1/2 way to the rifle range. Oddly enough surface temperatures were 54F in like 25fow and 65F at like 45fow.

We looked at a blank screen for most of the day.

Lost 2 monsters that I can only assume were large salmon?? Just peeling line off like I’ve never seen before, one got off and the other my buddy lost because somehow the braided line got snagged at the side of the spool and rolled in on its itself. I can only assume too much drag tension. Never seen 30lbs power pro break before but I almost hit the deck when I saw how loaded up that 10 foot blue diamond okuma rod was once the spool locked up. I really don’t know what else could have the power to run that hard unless there are like 20lbs rainbows out there. So lost a dipsy rig...

Bugs were terrible until a cold front moved through which I had thought was coming Monday, my boat is decimated with bugs which I just had somewhat clean.

Just put a new water pump my out drive and all the regular maintenance so it was good to see if there are any kinks left to sort of but no issues.

in short yeah too early lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks