Erie Fishing After the Rain ?

grumman16

Curious how many people fish after the rain? How much would all the rain effect the water temp?

I have the afternoon off and the wind looks ok out of Glascow this evening and thinking about giving it a shot.

Was down there the other week and got a limit middle of a hot sunny day, so they are always eating it would seem.

Curious how many people fish after the rain? How much would all the rain effect the water temp?

I have the afternoon off and the wind looks ok out of Glascow this evening and thinking about giving it a shot.

Was down there the other week and got a limit middle of a hot sunny day, so they are always eating it would seem.
Can’t catch them from the couch
Get out there if you have the time to go and the winds will allow it

Looks very fishable right now

Attachments

• IMG_8837.png
    IMG_8837.png
    825.9 KB · Views: 28
Glasgow is quite a bit west of burwell or Stanley waves be bigger east of Glasgow
The waves are not much different in Glasgow from Stanley Derkd9. Glasgow is 20 miles west of Port Stanley and 20 miles east of Erieau. I fish Burwell, Bruce and Port Stanley and Erieau the odd time and don't find the waves too much different. When I started running Charters many, many moons ago I was based out of Port Stanley and seeing how I live in London it is still the closest Port to me.

made it out, tougher then i thought ( 6 fish 2 half hrs) - all on body baits on the dipsey, no takers on the greasey chicken or harnesses or lead core when down - i really need to get my speed dialed - my speedo only goes down to 10 mph - what do you think a 50 HP sitting at idle/just engaged would travel? I tried an app on the phone and when it was reading 3 mph, the boat was moving.

Fish into the waves or with the waves?

made it out, tougher then i thought ( 6 fish 2 half hrs) - all on body baits on the dipsey, no takers on the greasey chicken or harnesses or lead core when down - i really need to get my speed dialed - my speedo only goes down to 10 mph - what do you think a 50 HP sitting at idle/just engaged would travel? I tried an app on the phone and when it was reading 3 mph, the boat was moving.

Fish into the waves or with the waves?
Depends on the size of the boat... is the app navionics? probably fairly accurate, I'll test it VS my boats GPS speed next time I go out

I troll with my 90 hp 4 stroke merc in my 18' Legend and can get it down to 1mph on my gps and my fish hawk. I have an 8 hp 4 stroke merc but I only have it as a back up because it does not have an alternator to keep my batteries charged.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks