Engine oil

fishin fool

When you folks change the oil in your inboard engine do you always use Quicksilver oil .thank you

no I always buy a 5 gal pail at Cdn tire of Shell Rotella 15-40 on sale for $60-70 bucks

When I race motorbikes “pro”. Kawasaki gave me an my teammate identical new bikes (600cc) in 2009. I ran “amsoil” full synthetic for the full season and buddy ran semisynthetic for the full season.

End of year tear down was amazing. My engine was shiney and new with some “tan” on the aluminum valve-train. Rings perfect gap, rods clean, really tight and clean motor. The other engine was still “ok” but sooty and needed guides, seats, and piston-slap that was “borderline” and retainers etc.

After that year… I swear by full synthetic and gooooood quality oil. It was pretty cool to see the difference. Not sure it ties into boat motors at all but for high raving 4 cylinders it was day and night.

Hi guys.
Just info:
Who makes motor oil in USA?

Market share of motor oils in fast lubes in the United States in 2018, by company
CharacteristicMarket share
Pennzoil39%
Valvoline22%
Mobil6%
Castrol6%
Where is Mercury or Quick Silver refinery?
More them 20 years using automotive oil and never problem, better use high quality synthetic....
Mercury oil producer: Citgo Petroleum Corporation - just one of many average companies, not top of the world....

Hi guys.
Just info:
Who makes motor oil in USA?

Market share of motor oils in fast lubes in the United States in 2018, by company
CharacteristicMarket share
Pennzoil39%
Valvoline22%
Mobil6%
Castrol6%
Where is Mercury or Quick Silver refinery?
More them 20 years using automotive oil and never problem, better use high quality synthetic....
Mercury oil producer: Citgo Petroleum Corporation - just one of many average companies, not top of the world....
Shh your exposing clever marketing

Shh your exposing clever marketing

When I pulled out of the Clarkson Petro Canada refinery there was was a HUGE list of oils that all came out of the same rack.

At a number of packaging plants, those same tankers lined up in one line, vans filled to capacity with MT bottles and caps in another all to sync up at the bottling lines. LOL

I expect some differences in the blends and additives but they were all from PC base oils. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks