End of Summer Fishing Trip with the Boys!

pins_cj

Pulled the boat out, grabbed a couple of the friends and went out for a beauty day to Port Burwell with my boys.

Thought we would start the day perching and go from there. Day started out perfect with a sunny day, quiet-ish launch, and a flat lake. Headed to Hastings and that is where the fun began. Hit our hole by 9:30 and the kids were hooked up immediately with fast and furious action. Lotsa doubles and lotsa work for this Dad; unhooking fish and keeping lines straight. Eventually; blisters on hands and the hot weather pushed them for a cool off swim for a lot of the morning which also meant the Dad's could grab some rod time. Fishing didn't even slow down with all the jumping, splashing, hooting and hollering. Boy; what a fishery!!

IMG-20130829-00049.jpg

All in all; fished steady to 1:00pm and cut the perching off with 150x keepers over 9". Ticket was drift around 43' of water and Well's shiners.

When we thought the day was over; the boys wanted to try trolling for walleye. Headed to 54' of water to give her a try. Action was fast and furious with each rod hitting before I could get the others out. Unfortunately; the walleyes were elusive or shy compared to the Silver Bass but the kids enjoyed reeling them up. After a lot of work for Dad and about an 1 1/2 hours of trolling time; we ended up with 5x silvers; 1x white perch; 1x 12" yellow perch and 1x smaller eye.

IMG-20130829-00047.jpg

Ended the day with another well deserved swim and a leisurely ride home!

No misses and hits on #3 dipseys with stick baits and also couple on body baits.

All in all; what a great day and another reason why fishing is such a great family event!

IMG-20130830-00056.jpg

IMG-20130830-00060.jpg

Pulled the boat out, grabbed a couple of the friends and went out for a beauty day to Port Burwell with my boys.

Thought we would start the day perching and go from there. Day started out perfect with a sunny day, quiet-ish launch, and a flat lake. Headed to Hastings and that is where the fun began. Hit our hole by 9:30 and the kids were hooked up immediately with fast and furious action. Lotsa doubles and lotsa work for this Dad; unhooking fish and keeping lines straight. Eventually; blisters on hands and the hot weather pushed them for a cool off swim for a lot of the morning which also meant the Dad's could grab some rod time. Fishing didn't even slow down with all the jumping, splashing, hooting and hollering. Boy; what a fishery!!

View attachment 664

All in all; fished steady to 1:00pm and cut the perching off with 150x keepers over 9". Ticket was drift around 43' of water and Well's shiners.

When we thought the day was over; the boys wanted to try trolling for walleye. Headed to 54' of water to give her a try. Action was fast and furious with each rod hitting before I could get the others out. Unfortunately; the walleyes were elusive or shy compared to the Silver Bass but the kids enjoyed reeling them up. After a lot of work for Dad and about an 1 1/2 hours of trolling time; we ended up with 5x silvers; 1x white perch; 1x 12" yellow perch and 1x smaller eye.

View attachment 665

Ended the day with another well deserved swim and a leisurely ride home!

No misses and hits on #3 dipseys with stick baits and also couple on body baits.

All in all; what a great day and another reason why fishing is such a great family event!

View attachment 666

View attachment 667
happy looking boys there nice to see

WTG pins! I think I've seen a table shot like that before somewhere:) hahaha

Next weekend hopefully the winds are calm and we can try for a few more eyes before they re all gone

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks