End Of a Dream

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Back in the early 70's I had a dream. I had a dream of getting myself a big enough boat that I could start a fishing Charter Business. The Salmon stocking in Lake Ontario, Erie and Huron were in their infancy and I thought if I could get a good size boat I could get in on the ground floor and learn along with everyone else. Scrimmy's Sportfishing was born. Back then I would target Lakes Erie, Huron and Ontario. As the years flew by I limited myself to Erie and Huron as there were enough charters in Lake Ontario. I loved the fact that I was doing something I loved. I have many fond memories of clients from all over the world. I learned a great deal about the art of fishing the big lakes and am still learning to this day. The sad part is I was involved in a terrible motorcycle accident on July 12th 2014 in Edmonton Alberta. This has left me with 2 bad legs, a titanium left hip, bad right leg and bad left shoulder and right arm. Because of this my last trip on the Whalebone III was this morning out of Port Glasgow. The man known as twodogs on this site will take possession of the Whalebone III this coming weekend. At this time I want to thank all past and present customers for their loyalty and great fun filled days. I will miss running Charters, meeting people from all over the globe. I will however be looking for a personal boat that will be easier to handle and I will be fishing for myself with family and friends. I will try to post results of my days on the water next year. I plan on fishing the 3 lakes mentioned earlier. Thank you and tight lines.

Wayne, there is an open seat on my boat every fishable weekend next year, more often than not I am alone and would welcome the company, out of North Erie Marina. If you can hold out a bit my dad will have a boat to sell, 2007 Lund Baron with a 150 Honda 4 stroke, less than 200 hours on it and a 10 HP Honda 4 stroke with about 650 Hours on it.. He has all the same electronics as mine, Lowrance Gen2 Touch 7 and matching autopilot plus a Fish Hawk probe. He is 80 now but thankfully still mobile enough to put it to good use, meanwhile, We The North sits there with the open seat.

Enjoy your retirement! Do you have any good stories you can share with us about bad customers, good customers, scary weather, great fishing days etc.

Wayne, there is an open seat on my boat every fishable weekend next year, more often than not I am alone and would welcome the company, out of North Erie Marina. If you can hold out a bit my dad will have a boat to sell, 2007 Lund Baron with a 150 Honda 4 stroke, less than 200 hours on it and a 10 HP Honda 4 stroke with about 650 Hours on it.. He has all the same electronics as mine, Lowrance Gen2 Touch 7 and matching autopilot plus a Fish Hawk probe. He is 80 now but thankfully still mobile enough to put it to good use, meanwhile, We The North sits there with the open seat.
Do you have any pics and a price?

Do you have any pics and a price?
I will ask him to get me some, boat is immaculate but i am sure it wont be for sale till at least 2020 I know he paid $37K for it then put new canvas, and 4K worth of elecrtronics on it. It came from Kingston area, only ever fished Lake Ontario but now fishes Huron with it. Sorry for the delay.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks