Off Topic Electric Trolling Motor - Choice

fish hawk

Considering installing a trolling motor on the boat (Crestliner m/n 1950).
Would appreciate any recommendations for the best model to purchase and who is the best vendor for knowledge and service.
I am located near Port Dover.
TIA

I have a 2021 Ulterra for sale. I bought it new in 2021, It was installed on my old boat in 2022, I maybe used it a dozen times.
I just reinstalled it on my new boat, I'm afraid I need to go to an 87" shaft.
Comes with 3, 27 series SLA batteries, stored in doors on charger.
It has a 72" shaft, 112lbs thrust. Autodeploy and trim, Compass, Bluetooth remote and foot pedal, iPilot ...(not the link version)

Minn Kota Ulterra 112 US2 iPilot BT 72″

I'm asking $3900 for the kit.

Same as this one

I have a 2021 Ulterra for sale. I bought it new in 2021, It was installed on my old boat in 2022, I maybe used it a dozen times.
I just reinstalled it on my new boat, I'm afraid I need to go to an 87" shaft.
Comes with 3, 27 series SLA batteries, stored in doors on charger.
It has a 72" shaft, 112lbs thrust. Autodeploy and trim, Compass, Bluetooth remote and foot pedal, iPilot ...(not the link version)

Minn Kota Ulterra 112 US2 iPilot BT 72″

I'm asking $3900 for the kit.

Same as this one

The Garmin Kraken has a saltwater that’s 90” shaft. I don’t think anyone else makes them past 72”?

Top of the line trolling motors are exorbitantly expensive. If you have a humminbird, consider that only minnkota will do ipilot link, if that's something you value (it's better for smaller lakes to be honest).

Not to be confused with ipilot.

I love garmin. I'll be replacing my current trolling motor with the Kraken next year but saying that if you have hummingbird I'd suggest minn kota for the ability to network things together. I have all garmin graphs

Its a tossup with Motorguide. if you have Lowrance it's great when integrated. But the quality is lacking, and no display on remote is annoying too. I took mine off to do some work on the bow and when I put it back Sunday I had water dripping from the head on the garage floor. Took the head cover off - traces of rusty water. the way this cover is attached - there is no insolation whatsoever and some gaps - the water will be getting in. I ended up putting electric tape on the side facing up when I m driving, hopefully it will help a little.
No display on the remote sucks!! I had a Minn Kota and switched over to the Motorguide without remote display and have regretted it ever since.

No display on the remote sucks!! I had a Minn Kota and switched over to the Motorguide without remote display and have regretted it ever since.
One trick I learned, for the speed control bottom bouncing Detroit I lower the speed value to zero and then start increasing it till I like it. The buttons are small and to hit an anchor is a disaster;)
Garmin kracken has a display on the remote but to substitute everything lowrance I have nowvwill cost me over12 k with current prices

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks