electric filet knife

denturecrafter

thinking about buying one are they worth it? any recommendations? what about cordless lithium ion Rapalla has one at about 170$

Wisg i was catching enough perch and eyes to need a $170 knife. If you serch on this form somone just had a conversation about them and I think the people who had the electric like them

Mr.twister makes a good one. Makes it much faster filleting a pile of perch and eyes.

I have used the berkley knife as well as rapala burnt out the rapala one replaced it with the heavy duty rapala one works great bought the corded one. The reason for the corded one is there is always reliable power have run it off power packs does not get as hot as some of the others do to hold it.

Mr.twister makes a good one. Makes it much faster filleting a pile of perch and eyes.
2nd that........inexpensive and easy to get the hang of using. 1st one I had was a rechargeable........in the trash can now.....kept the blades. My buddy has an expensive one, I dont see any difference when he uses it other than the fact he states you cant wear or burn it out.

Talk about electric knifes give me the Willys .my buddy had one and I was doing a big batch of jumbo perch.i always rinse my knife and hands with the hose as I am going. Well I got one heck of a shock wow.lol

I own an electric knife I love it when I have a lot of fish to clean but if I’m only cleaning a 1/2 dozen I still use just a knife. I feel and feel that a knife gets more meat (closer to the bone) this winter I filleted 80+ perch in one long 4 hrs Mission till 1am (6 beers ) I do find that smaller fish like crappie and perch are easy the cut right through there vertebrae so it does take some finesse .

Bought two basic household electric knives at walmart for 12.88 each five years ago.Still on the first one.I clean many fish each year including salmon,trout ,bass,erie and quinte walleye and perch too.Best 12.88 I ever spent.

Something else you might consider is the knife voltage. I only had the 120 volt house model electric knife when I decided to start cleaning fish on the boat. Rather than buying a new 12v dc knife, I installed a inverter that I happened to have, in the side compartment of the boat. It gives me 120 vac on the boat for the knife. Never had any problems with it.

I have 2 Rapala's and 1 Berkley. I love the Berkley had it for 3 years now. Runs a little faster than my Rapalas Got it for 12 bucks at CT and 8 extra sets of blades for 3 bucks a pop. If it gets hot I switch to one of the Rapala . I also got the Rapala knives for 30 bucks a piece and both had two sets of blades and a adaptor to plug into boat in the kit. Again CT. just at the right spot at the right time I guess. Never go back to the manual unless on a fly in.

I own an electric knife I love it when I have a lot of fish to clean but if I’m only cleaning a 1/2 dozen I still use just a knife. I feel and feel that a knife gets more meat (closer to the bone) this winter I filleted 80+ perch in one long 4 hrs Mission till 1am (6 beers ) I do find that smaller fish like crappie and perch are easy the cut right through there vertebrae so it does take some finesse .

When using an electric fillet knife properly you'll end up with a carcass consisting of head, spine, tail with near zero meat on, above and below the spine. I don't think it's possible for a manual knife to be as efficient as an electric.

As for perch, it takes about 50-60 seconds per fish to end up with boneless fillets and much less waste than using a manual fillet knife.

Agree 100% @ch312... Took me years to finally concede to the EFK.
I compare it to cutting grass with a power mower compared to a push mower. Never looked back. (y)

Only down side of a elec. is dragging the feces through the meat.:vomit:
Why do you think they use a filet knife in filet plants.
But I have and used an elec. It is slick.
Sorry to spoil your breakfast.:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks