Electric Augers Are Great!

trky chsr

Got out for the first time today. Fishing was crap but the auger worked great. Ice in front of Collins was 8" father out and 6" closer. Started out at the 8" and I drilled 2 holes in less than 30 seconds. A fellow came over and asked to borrow it (guess he forgot his) and he drilled 4 holes in less than a minute. I have a Milwaukee 18V Fuel and a 6" auger, which is plenty for the bay. I moved around a few times and with the borrower drilled 12 holes. When I got home the battery still had full bars. If the ice gets a lot thicker I may need to look into an extension. Overall very happy with this setup. TC

Got out for the first time today. Fishing was crap but the auger worked great. Ice in front of Collins was 8" father out and 6" closer. Started out at the 8" and I drilled 2 holes in less than 30 seconds. A fellow came over and asked to borrow it (guess he forgot his) and he drilled 4 holes in less than a minute. I have a Milwaukee 18V Fuel and a 6" auger, which is plenty for the bay. I moved around a few times and with the borrower drilled 12 holes. When I got home the battery still had full bars. If the ice gets a lot thicker I may need to look into an extension. Overall very happy with this setup. TC
Yes the electrics are the way of the future

I drilled over 30 holes last weekend in 6-7 " of ice
With my 9" K-drill
With a dewalt 20v 5ah battery and used 2 bars

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks