Elbow to lighthouse

Brokenwing

Hi guys. Anybody getting any Walleye this week between the Elbow and the lighthouse? Heading down for the weekend for a try and just wondering if they showed up yet. First 2 trys were skunks.

Planning on running out in the AM on friday

My last one from nanticoke to the lighthouse on Sunday was a bust. Smelt!! Lots for them to chow on.

Yes. But. Guys were out in a Whaler mirroring us -- 100FOW start, moved into 60-80 FOW after a couple of hours. They got two out at 100 FOW and I got two in 60 FOW. I got only sheepshead at 100 and they only got junk at 60 in about 4-5 hours yesterday morning. Not many smelt out deep... they seem to be in 70-90 FOW. Screen was fun to watch but probably all just huge sheepshead. I got about 8 huge sheepshead, 1 silver bass. Lost two somethings.

Sunday I picked up 2 walleye doing the same thing. Both off the bottom at ~70FOW.

I might take the extra 15 min and stay south of the point next time.

Only the gold redfin for the eyes both days, sheepshead hit everything. Next try will be Saturday for an afternoon/evening. Tomorrow is the kids beach and tube day. They won't let me fish.

Yep got 5 last week a mile south of elbow 60 feet. 35 feet down on riggers orange spoon and purple headed yellow RR . 1 on 7 colours All out of 1 school. Buddy was gettin a few + rainbows just south of lighthouse.

Was out today Aug 19. Elbow to the tip and back. 6 rods out. Two riggers and 3,5,7 and 10 color lead core off the boards. A mix of spoons and RRF's. Trolled 2.3 - 3.3 mph, varying speeds to see if that made a difference. 65- 120'

1 for 3 in the boat. A walleye.

The fish finder was showing all kids of fish, with big pockets of smelts on the bottom. The walleye are clearly not hungry, or I am doing something drastically wrong. Last year at this time it was very good fishing.

Looks like next trip will be south side again. I have had better luck going the distance around the point.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 40
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks