Fishing Report Elbow to lighthouse smelly Saturday…

fireram

Fished from the elbow to the lighthouse saturday. Did Lazy spiral circles from 60 fow to 110 fow from the elbow heading south. Tried riggers, dipsys and lead. Body baits, spoons, and work harness.

Had two hits on a rigger down 65ft in around 90fow on a yellow five of diamonds.
Lost them both when they jumped out of the water about 100ft from
The boat.

Other than a large farm animal, we got a smelly 🦨.

Made our way back into the bay at sunset and drowned the rest of our worms catching sunfish and largemouth in front of the old cut channel.

Beautiful day on the water tho. Lots of boats out, not many fishing. Played doge boat with one other group of fisher persons near the light house for a while. We were both doing the same circle pattern. Looked like they had two planer boards out. Didn’t notice them catching much iether. They eventually headed straight south past the tip when we started trolling back.

This am looks windy and wet.
Might have to get some more worms to drown in the channel.

Probably saw you out there. We were in the white Carver fly bridge. Only fished from 530-730. Managed 4 eyes fishing the same area….70-90 fow. 10 colour leadcore took 2, dipsy’s took the other 2 120 back. All fish on spoons, moonshine bread winner and moonshine wonder bread. Beauty night.

We fished from 10-1:30 (My guests were getting bored and wanted to go to the beach) We managed 4 eyes (one throwback) 2 farm animals and one unknown that came off. All from south west of the lighthouse.

Definitely different from a week ago out there yesterday. Tons of short hits snd knockoffs. I tightened up my releases and it did t help.

Definitely different from a week ago out there yesterday. Tons of short hits snd knockoffs. I tightened up my releases and it did t help.
Definitely a light bite. I missed half or dozen or so myself. A couple short rips then gone. A real pita when your running 8 & 10 colour cores 💪💪

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks