Elbow - Thursday Afternoon

FisherPrice

It was a last minute plan today with the strange weather going on north of the lake.

We headed out of Nanticoke around 4:30 with the new (new to me) ship. It was the test drive.

The big storms to the north stopped us from heading out into the deep water until 6.

Trolled 65' out to 105'. Running lead core with a variety of rippling redfins, bagleys and NK28's.

All we caught were 100+ fly bites. They were unreal out there today.

The word on the street was 105' FOW down 55+ to find the pics. I think the lead core is limited to the 45' range and thus the lack of action.

Anyhow, the new boat took us out and brought us home without issue. So mission complete.

Now I just need to find myself a nice set of downriggers so I can post some kick ass photo's like the rest of the group on here does.

Cheers,

We went out of Nanticoke on the water around 8:00 am headed to the elbow in 68-90 ft. went 5 for 8 on walleyes, 0-1 on rainbows. Half of the eyes came on a dipsy back 180-200 #3 setting piston cup spoon, 2 on copper worm harness down on the bottom off the riggers. The bow hit a Erie Deerie (copper) off the rigger but lost it when it crossed another line. Sure was foggy out there!!

Nice to get those test drives done. Upgrading your gear is an activity that only ends when you give up fishing and normally its a sport in which you can participate long after you retire from other pursuits.

Reactions: CSM
Took Dad and his buddy out Thursday morning, we decided to hit Hoovers and head to my way point from last outing.... We weren't disappointed, fish where still all over with great bait holding 15 FOB, temp was the same..... Had 10 color off back 2 riggers a dipsy and 7 color set on an in line board..... Ended the day going 9 for 10 on the pics and 1 Rainbow that put on an great aerobatic display for us....... Fished 85 - 95 FOW and ran riggers 68 down with 100' leads off ball, dipsy 130' Out.... Riggers and 7 color on the board took most fish......

Cheers Bic.....

Hey FisherPrice I have a set of downriggers I would be willing to sell. They came with the boat when I bought it but I fish mostly bass so they aren"t much use to me. My neighbor took me out two years ago to show me how to use the riggers plus dipsys but just not really interested in this type of fishing. Walker electrics Tournament Series complete with bases two 8lb balls release clips and stacker clips. Not looking to make a killing on selling them would like to see them get used. $275 for it all which would get you into the rigger game.

Nice rig Steve. I was out from 5 till dark and only saw one other boat...must have been you. We were a bit south east of you getting eaten alive as well....lol. We drove in a figure 8 right there for a reason..... figured you guys must have been pounding them or you would have come out where we were. Fished the elbow for two weeks with wildly mixed results so we came back to where we fished all summer looking for consistent #s. Did quite well right on top of the way point we were on. Remember you can just add a gibbs to your lead line to get it down in the zone.....the chute rod always has one by this time of year on Sea Star. If your going to fish LPB most of the time your better off with boards and divers in my opinion. You can easily run 4 divers with a 0 or .5 setting on the insides and 2 setting on the outs. Gets everything at depth and frees up space.

Running 2.6 to 3 with mostly spoons right now. That could be different tomorrow so its up to you to adapt on the water. If your not catching and doing the same thing for s hours.....well good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks