Elbow June 30

Tried fishing the Elbow today for the first time. Ended up 5 for 6 in 3 hrs with 2 lakers around 13-15lbs, nice eater walleye, 1 small bow and a silver bass. Lakers and walleye came off of an orange and gold stingray spoon on 10-colour lead core (around 50' down). Fished in 60-75FOW, then decided to fish the inner bay in the afternoon for bass for a couple hours with no luck. Seems like the fishing hasn't been great out of the inner bay so I'll be heading out to Bluffs Bar tomorrow looking for some smallies. Has anyone had luck out that way? Saw a few boats today fishing there but couldn't tell if they were catching.

Attachments

• 20180630_094315.jpg
    20180630_094315.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 88
I was out there yesterday morning as well and got 2 rainbows, one coho and one walleye all fish between 4 and 6 pounds and got them all in 115 fow

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob, you're going to give me a false sense of hope that I'll catch anything other than catfish, sheephead, yellows, silvers and whites off the pier in Bruce :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've been there to see others catch walleye, pike and rainbows off that pier. They've always been close to me, (ie sometimes sitting right beside me dammit, like the last 3, one last year right beside me, and the two last Monday right beside me) but to date, it's never me who has been the lucky one. I've caught a smallie or two off it, but I have never heard of anyone catching a Laker off it.

Personally I've never caught a Laker here in Ontario before we moved out west when I was a kid, and I haven't caught one, or been out where I could reasonably have a chance to catch one since I've been back (be 10 yrs in November). Caught many in the NWT tho over the 17 years I lived in Yellowknife. My PB Laker was 16lbs. :p I got that one in Walsh Lake ( just outside Yellowknife) in 1995 using a cisco. (not live, illegal in the NWT to use live bait)

My favorite lures in my bigger tackle box for them are shown in the pictures. First one are buzz bombs. The coloring of that big one worked great for them.

The second picture is of a custom made lure made by Dale Johnston who used to own and operate Wolverine Sports in Yellowknife, aptly called "The wolverine" They worked VERY well too, but he sold the business a couple years after I left the NWT, and you couldn't get them anywhere else, and you can't get them anymore, or anywhere because that shop has long since closed. They were exclusive to his shop until he sold it. I used to have 6, those are the only 3 I have left. Lost one to a snag, and the other 2 to BIG pike before I left Yellowknife.

I've also caught them using a jig tipped with a yellow twister tail, a jig tipped with shrimp, some rapala body baits, 5 of diamonds, ruby eyed spoons, (both single and double eyed) and red devils.

Attachments

• Lake Trout Lures (1).jpg
    Lake Trout Lures (1).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Lake Trout Lures (2).jpg
    Lake Trout Lures (2).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks