Elbow july 9/13

sea star

Looked at the lake when I got home Tues afternoon and jumped right back in the truck and drove down to the boat. Solo trip. Lines in at 5:15. 4 big bows and a nice 6lb coho by 6:30. 5/6 in an hour and 15 with two rods running.....great fishing for this bay so get out there! Had a yellow spoon at 31 that went 4 times and a bl/pink/white on a 5 core that took 1. Shook one off of the spoon that hit when I was resetting with harnesses. Trolled north toward the barn till 8 but no eyes. Fog came in so pulled lines and ran in. 92 fow 2.77 on the GPS was where and the speed. The bows were the largest class I've see out here in a few years with one at about 13 and two around 10, the other one was about 7.Go get em.

Thanks for the report Norv. The benefits of living close to the Lake. I often wonder if I should hook up the boat and head down but after this many years I realize that conditions need not be the same. Consequently, I usually elect to stay home if there are thunderstorm warnings. There are none for tomorrow!

Thanks Norv for some positive news. I am digging out the stuff from the basement and will make a foray out to the old stomping grounds.

Sea Star you didn't get a pic of the coho? Always nice to see photos of Erie's "rare" species.

Good fishing.

I took a shot of the five in the box with my phone....I'll try to figure out how to download it. As far as being a rare species out here, that's only been the case lately. Then again the past few years there have not been an abundance of bows with much size regularly either...at least for our boat. They have mostly been around 5lb or smaller.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks