Elbow July 11 and 12

Real Therapy

Roland took the Grady out sat am .70 fow south of the Nanticoke shoal.17 pics some to 12 lbs ,2 bows a laker and a dozen silver bass.Lead core 5 and 7 colour on dream weaver ss and knockout lures did the trick .Dipsys were working 150 ft back on 3 setting.all fish were high up 35 ft.Fish were all caught in the first 2.5 hrs of the trip ,early am .
I took a trip Sunday and tried to repeat my sons program ,but started the day after 1030 am. 7 pics a laker and a bunch of silver bass .done at 2 bugs were horrible but lake was an oil slick calm.7 colour core with one rod taking 4 of the fish . nothing on riggers .dipsy fired but no hook ups.lost a huge fish on a 7 colour could barley reel it in lots of head shakes .possible a big laker .Nice to have great fishing so close to home . Reel Therapy.

Congrats on your days out. I am new and have a question for you. You say your line is 150ft out on 3 setting. Is that not putting your dipsy really deep like 60ft? Again I am just learning and would love any info. We were also out sunday battled the bugs and only managed one rainbow. We were using a #1 dipsy #3 setting with a 0 ring but only fishing it between 80ft and 110ft (going by the dipsy chart) to get it to 35ft.

if the flys arent bting the fish aint biting, thats a fact jack :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: lol for brookies fer sure but walleye too. and you got the program right . weird there all in the the top 30FTW. temps rising though thats gonna change overnight , just when is the question?

Sounds great! Tried basically the same strategy in the same area on Monday but without comparable results. The early AM may have been a significant difference because we did mark plenty of fish down about 30 feet but it was bright and very flat. Oh well, that is why they call it fishing and not catching. Thanks for the post, always nice to read how others are doing.

Congrats on your days out. I am new and have a question for you. You say your line is 150ft out on 3 setting. Is that not putting your dipsy really deep like 60ft? Again I am just learning and would love any info. We were also out sunday battled the bugs and only managed one rainbow. We were using a #1 dipsy #3 setting with a 0 ring but only fishing it between 80ft and 110ft (going by the dipsy chart) to get it to 35ft.
Size 0 with out a o ring on #3 will need close to 175 feet of 30 pound braid with a #10 husky jerk to get to 35 feet I have accualy run in 35 fow and tested how far out to hit bottom with body baits and spoons

Good job guys...definitely been a good year. Funny that there were only two other boats out on Mon evening in that area. Nice to be able to fish looking back instead of forward all the time.

Back