Elbow Aug 3rd

DaveyBuoy

Not the greatest day out there , managed to get one after a few hours looking for them. Picked it up in 60 fow straight north of the lighthouse. I heard PikeMan did well on the north end of the elbow.
Hopefully try again Monday

Attachments

• Rainbow Trout Aug 3.jpg
    Rainbow Trout Aug 3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 44
I have a question with regards to fishing walleye or rainbows at the elbow or for that matter ; out at port bruce. Are the guys tipping their lures with a half a worm on one end of their treble hook while trolling or are they just running them clean as is! Thanks for any input guys; this is my first post to this very informative site! A big thumbs up to you Stomps!

Walleyeman personally I don't run worms on the end of spoons or body baits maybe if its a rough day ill try it just to see but usually just run them they way they are I believe most guys do the same good luck out there.

I second that. did anyone have a good day out there? We did Terrible, sounds like that was par for the course.

Thanks for the report. They seem to have moved a bit for sure. Mon am I'll be checking out some different water but still inside the bay. With the west and then north wind I 'm off to 135' on some old way points.

Thanks for reporting. I'll try Monday but may target bass instead of trout and walleye.

If anyone knows who " Pikeman " is I was told he did pretty good yesterday. I'm not exactly sure where he was but i believe closer to the north east portion of the elbow in 90 fow. They boated 11 and one was 14 lbs. I started north of the gas well, moved south to the lighthouse and I marked more fish than I have ever seen in 50 fow nothing was hitting till 60 ft. One fish in 5 hrs

I have to agree - not a very productive day yesterday. Trolled from the elbow east a bit then south to toward the lighthouse on the point from about 8:15 til 2:30 and only managed 2 bows. We also watched the trawlers (all four of them) for most of the morning and heard Pikeman chatting on the radio.
We did not mark the bait fish we saw a week ago and thought maybe all the trawler action was dispersing the bait fish schools. The only thing we saw lots of we're sea gulls.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks