Fishing Report Eastern perch

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Put in at Crystal beach and on the waters by 8am. Headed for 50+fow. dropped anchor here there and every where from 57fow up to 30fow from pt. abino to a little passed windmill pt. Nothing but BOON&CROCKET size gobbies and a couple smalliez. Made a move out to 60fow. 2 perch on the 1st drop then dry. Trolled from 1pm till 230pm in 55-60fow back to tip of abino. Nothing. Made a move out to 67fow where I hooked perch last year. Ended the day with 100 gems,10-14 inch range & 1walleye. While cleaning we noticed there was sign that most had JUST recently spawned and 1 still had eggs in it. Not only Wher some exploding with small gobbies but most with what I believe to be gobs of small blood worms. Cutting minnow down to 1/4s was best compared whole minnows. Likely becouse they were feeding on small little worms from the bottom. Putting baits Closer to if not rite on bottom was the medicine. Water temp east of Abino 52°. West 53.5° 20190601_000019.jpg

nice catch and good report (y)
Put in at Crystal beach and on the waters by 8am. Headed for 50+fow. dropped anchor here there and every where from 57fow up to 30fow from pt. abino to a little passed windmill pt. Nothing but BOON&CROCKET size gobbies and a couple smalliez. Made a move out to 60fow. 2 perch on the 1st drop then dry. Trolled from 1pm till 230pm in 55-60fow back to tip of abino. Nothing. Made a move out to 67fow where I hooked perch last year. Ended the day with 100 gems,10-14 inch range & 1walleye. While cleaning we noticed there was sign that most had JUST recently spawned and 1 still had eggs in it. Not only Wher some exploding with small gobbies but most with what I believe to be gobs of small blood worms. Cutting minnow down to 1/4s was best compared whole minnows. Likely becouse they were feeding on small little worms from the bottom. Putting baits Closer to if not rite on bottom was the medicine. Water temp east of Abino 52°. West 53.5° View attachment 14512

Nice mess of fish.. SIX-GRAND … That's the beauty of my rigs .. they put 3 hooks on the bottom or close to it..
:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks