East winds at bluffs bar

Matt245

I am planning on heading out to the bluffs on Monday (Weather Permitting). The winds are suppost to be blowing 13kph East. I heard east winds have quite the impact on the bay. Will it still be enjoyable in an 18 footer in that kind of wind?

@Matt245 I use to run an 18’ Lund ProV in that with no problem. If you feel unsure of yourself run along the shoreline to get there. Once inside the bar it will be much better on any East wind.

I also agree with Three Bouys, take your time and you wont have a problem. Bluff Bar will be okay once you get there.

@Matt245 I use to run an 18’ Lund ProV in that with no problem. If you feel unsure of yourself run along the shoreline to get there. Once inside the bar it will be much better on any East wind.
haha... no problem @Three Bouys said... well, I always lived through those trips in the Lund... but the undies were sometimes a casualty:eek: . I felt a lot more relaxed in his new 23' sWellcraft!! Went out there in a nasty NE wind without any trouble.

Can someone suggest a marina to launch from for going to bluffs bar, that would be easy to launch solo from?

Back