Fishing Report East of burwell

misty river

IMG_0928.JPG IMG_0931.JPG IMG_0932.JPG spent a couple hours looking for perch , started at Hastings and tried a few of our favourite spots but no luck
Ended up at the Sandhills but fished deep
Ended up with 85 nice big perch and one walleye

You did far better than anyone off the PT Bruce pier. Were a lot of skunks there today.

excellent. i am bringing my 80 yr old uncle down fathers day for the week following to Burwell. want him to catch some as his favourite fish and not sure if we will get another week there in the future. other 2 times i have been there had luck out from the silver barn and down to the the 2nd last windmill east. Do you think i am good to start at those spots again this year?

we too were out in 48fow in front of sandhills , managed 20 nice jumbos. when you said deep what depth were you fishing in misty river??

We were in 54 fow
Farthest boat out from pack of boats
Noticed a huge difference when we used part minnows
We were able to feel the tap when the jumbos picked up the minnow (using braid) then we set the hook

Agree with the 1/2 minnow being the way to go yesterday. Was in 52 feet not far from you. Also like the feel of braid on a light bite. 6 hours kept 82. Jigging a spoon when slow started the bite going again or that could be just me.

IMG_0930.JPG
You are correct with the jigging
My son caught the eye while jigging a minnow
This old fella (grey shirt , no beard) just uses pickerel rigs
Me and the bald fella lost an eye each yesterday

We were out there on Saturday too. We did the same thing, tried at Hasting but found them mid morning when we joined the pack of boats at Sandhills. Boated 34 nice jumbos for 2 fisherman. We didn't boat our first until 10:30am. Really light bite.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks