East of Burwell July 4

zxninja

Three of us took our limit this morning in three hours of fishing. Out from shore at 9:30am this morning with three scoops of J.R. minows. We started in 45fow on a sandy bottom and had three in the cooler after 20mins, but the action was slow. We moved in and tried 40fow for another 20mins on a clay bottom with nothing to show for it. We then took a run out to 50fow and found a decent bite on a gravel and sand mix bottom. The bite was lite still, but the average size was impressive at 11-13". Typical "slow" day with the bite coming on fast and furious, then followed by a few minute lull. All in all, a great day on the water with my daughter and sister. And now the real fun begins, cleaning all these beauties......cough, cough.

Wow- nice. 11-13 average size is sick!
For sure! Despite the slower bite than previous years, the size made up for it. It was actually a nice change to have a break here and there, some days it's pure chaos with fish, minows, hooks and god knows what else flying all over the boat when you are on top of a massive school.

good shootin', I'm headed down tomorrow, should be realaxing after the lineups at the launch yesterday, curious to know how you can tell what the bottom is? by the density of the return on your finder?

good shootin', I'm headed down tomorrow, should be realaxing after the lineups at the launch yesterday, curious to know how you can tell what the bottom is? by the density of the return on your finder?
Just years of fishing drop shot rigs out there is all. Braided line with 3/4oz bell sinkers allows you to feel the make up of the lake floor while you are bouncing the sinker off bottom. That, and the chunk of clay you bring up on your anchor.

Fished east of burwell today as well. Two scoops of minnows and two man limit by noon in 46 fow!! Nice size to the fish today. Not many throw backs for a change!! Great day on the water.

They must be really getting on the feed now. Fish and fillets are significantly thicker than a month ago. 1/2 had partially digested gobies sticking out running the electric through the cooler yesterday. And they said gobies were a bad thing ;)

wife and I were east of sandhills yesterday 40' 37' 43'.first stop slow but productive.second stop not so good.last stop slow then at noon hot for an hour or more.there were lots of fish on screen at all 3 stops but not really biting till someone threw that turn on switch at noon??fish were BIG.threw 1/2 dozen back.2 1/2 hours of cleaning.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks