Early Redheads and fields being harvested ?

Old Cut LongPointer

Reports of some early Redheads being had at the head of the Bay and a couple of small rafts seen. A bit early as far as I remember but between Mother Nature and climate change who knows what the future may hold ? Use to be the Reds and Blues showed up last week of October with the Cans in hot pursuit.

The farmers have been getting busy clearing not only the bean fields but corn fields too ! This should help with the puddlers and geese as a food source.

Hello OCLP,

I have seen very few ducks so far this year ... one or two at a time seen the odd day ... once saw three ducks together.

Jerome

From my experiences there is always a hunt able number of redheads around by thanksgiving, We actually use to always start diver hunting second week of the season, defiantly not the numbers the end of October but enough so shoot 8-15 a day.

Hello OCLP,

I have seen very few ducks so far this year ... one or two at a time seen the odd day ... once saw three ducks together.

Jerome
Have you been hunting in the marsh or bay cause if so You may have to get your eyes checked. Saturday seen at least 20 different flocks that were 15 plus birds strong, Thanksgiving Monday was the same.

I was out on the Thanksgiving Sunday in Little Rice and seen a small flock of divers go by at a distance but we never fired the guns that afternoon.

In years past I've seen the local flock of Reds on Opening Day but you gotta love it when new birds show up because they are not gun shy and decoy well into your spread.

Hello Greener,

I have not bothered to go out yet since I am not seeing the birds from my backyard ... looking east into Coletta Bay. I saw two (2) pairs of puddlers this afternoon over the Big Creek Management Area ... to the west (across the street) from my house.

Jerome

PS I not counting the Canada Geese since they swim past my backyard every day doing their morning routine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks