Eagle

can't miss

Eagle in my bush today, sorry no pic, but camera ready if it show's again. Mature bird, white head and tail. Seem to see them every few yrs, for a week or so? Massive, make a red tail look small? Any other sighting's??

I usually see a pair on the Grand between the dam and Erie.

I was out canoing at teeterville and there is a big one around that pond. Amazing humongous birds. Was over near Walsh a couple years ago saw one flying the farm fields round there too.

I see a few every month, especially Norfolk County. They have a few nests in and around London/St. Thomas/Aylmer area as well. And have seen as many as a dozen hanging around at a kill site. They have made a great comeback thats for sure!

I see a few every month, especially Norfolk County. They have a few nests in and around London/St. Thomas/Aylmer area as well. And have seen as many as a dozen hanging around at a kill site. They have made a great comeback thats for sure!

Would it be possible that you see Turkey Vultures? Bald Eagles don't tend to flock.

I see them regularly along north shore of the inner bay. You can always tell when it's an eagle by the amount of cars pulled over watching

We live on the Thames in Dorchester and have a pair of bald eagles we see quite regularly. Its pretty cool watching them splash in and grab a fish right in the back yard. Seen a golden eagle last year on our way into port bruce last summer too. Its nice to see these beautiful birds around here I dont remember seeing them growing up around here but the last ten or so years we have been seeing them more and more

Last edited:
Big 10-4 Yakman there is a family nesting at Turkey Point. We can see where their nest is from here. You can spot it when there's snow on it. They do flock up here when there is ice with open water. They scavenge the windward edge of the ice , hunt fish and coots. Last year I saw 18 at one time, not, all together. This year, a month or so ago I saw 13. There are two soaring over the Bay right now and I saw 3 or 4 this AM. I've seen them all over Norfolk. Says something positive about the environment.

A 2012 survey of Bald Eagles here in Haldimand showed 57 adults. It is a wonderful sight watching them hunt along the lakeshore.

When I was a kid growing up in Hamilton we had 2 types of birds, black ones and brown ones. Now there are nesting Eagles in Cootes Paradise in the west end of the city.

I seen a giantic black with white eagle feeding on a fresh cow moose carcass in the thick bush out hunting on the northern pennisula of NFLD ...I got within feet of this amazingly huge bird...checked the moose and the bird had ripped through the hide into the ribs feeding on the internal organs...that was a WOW experience..this eagle was alot larger then the bald eagle, the head was also black with visable white under the wing

Last edited:
There's also a nesting pair just north of port Rowan too . It's no wonder bird studies Canada set up in port Rowan

Would it be possible that you see Turkey Vultures? Bald Eagles don't tend to flock.

No. Turkey Vultures migrate south in the winter. Have seen a large group south of Tillsonburg at a kill site and another in Norfolk County. I'll see if I can find a picture for you. There are quite a few eagles around.

Trivia time for useless information you don't need to know......John James Audubon was disappointed that the US government pick the bald eagle as its national symbol. He always said it was a cowardly bird that stole from others
If it could.
There ya go, more wasted brain cells.

besides giant eagle.. the famous outlet store ...there is also screamin eagle...and take a look at the polish coat of arms...

It's taken this many years, for non bird watchers (Me being one) to finally see the affects of banning DDT. In the yearly 60s, when I was a kid, there were hardly any birds left in Southwestern Ont. It's great to see all species of birds making their comeback; now that we're not poisoning their food source.
Well maybe not the cormorant?

Dan.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks