Dropshot for perch

Has anyone tried a dropshot rig for perch...figured better feel but does it mess up presentation compared to a traditional pickerel rig...

Awesome....thanks for the info....was curious because to me it would seem like a better route to go...less terminal tackle the better. What style of hook do you use....I was thinking instead of traditional styles of dropshot hooks to use a thin wire #2 gammy aberdeen. I appreciate the insight.

I use 2 stand-out hooks with a 1/2 oz jig head on bottom (as the weight) and seem to do ok...I don't get allot on jig head ,but when I do they r generally bigger fish

Thanks for the info and answering what I thought was the case...I have ran it for years for gills with wax worms....beats a float...will have to try it once we are back from Rice....thanks again.

Drop shots is all we use as well. #2 hook with a big bell sinker 6" below. Always works like a charm.

Agreed, that is all I use as well, I tie them up ahead of time, put them on one of those yellow ended roll ups (or a piece of pool noodle with slits cut in it works great) I can tell if its a smelt, goby or perch.. set and reel all in one motion. it is a nice lip hook so easy to get off. You just need to develop a feel for it unlike a pickeral rig. I have often talked to guys who had no luck and i was slaying them and given them a few to use.. very cheap to make, work like a charm. I actually use the sinker that the line feeds through that way if you want to adjust how close the bottom hook is to the bottom its fast and easy. I always cut the minnows in half as well. Make sure you check you line regularly, a double strip can be a regular occurrence:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks