Downrigging on Georgian Bay - info

Jwalsh

I'm heading up to the family cottage next week, which is near Midland, I was thinking of bringing the boat up and trying for some bows and salmon on Gbay. I would probably launch out of Midland or Victoria Harbour. Does anyone have some info of this area? would I be wasting my time? Any info is appreciated! thanks.

no salmon there, lake trout, whitefish, MUSKIE , bass, walleye, perch, no trout that I know of.

Blastr

You may have better luck around the point on the Nottawasaga Bay side, I've got a family cottage on that side and downrig in the Christian Island area, couple nice Chinooks and Bows last summer, was later in July.
Check out last summer's stuff on this forum

http://www.georgianbaymessageboard.com/index.php

There's a public launch at D'Aoust Bay-Jackson Beach Park, need a parking permit from Tiny Township office around $10 for the season I think, otherwise parking's expensive by the hour and they're always there ticketing.

Bonus is much less restriction on consumption than Lake O if you believe the Guidelines

IMG-20130731-00303_zpscf2c4bd9.jpg

IMG-20130731-00307_zpsf783518b.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the info, doesnt sound like to much silver action in gbay, might try heading out by those islands or just work the vic harbour area for pike, pics and smallies.

I fish the area quite abit, if your launching midland side... Fish walleye/pike/bass and ski's check the regs for all the different limits/regs for gb, 1 line/ angler, no walleye between 16.4 and 22" your allowed 2 fish, but only 1 over slot, none between. Good laker fishing once you get around giants tomb island and you can pick up the odd salmon aswell. But if its salmon you want, nottawasaga bay, christian island area is where to try. Silverfox spoons, lymans and nk28's are a good start, blue silver. Good luck

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks