Downrigger mounting angle

Hey friend..yes your 115 merc with the specific brown beige colour decal gave away the engine year . and then I looked at the boat and every detail i could see added up to a galaxy 17 Wilker..
my floor and seats stayed good, the convertible vinyl top I had restitched many times, and with new side windows.. that helped keep the interior good, and that made the boat great for trips..overnight weekends holidays vacation time..on land and on the water..

Yes it would be a good investment to update your interior and what really needs to be replaced. It sounds like you had the boat running out on the water and your happy with that.
I had to replace my steering cable on my wilker, and my Merc a couple of electrical parts replaced.
A rectifier and then a Power Pak...ouch.. I did the regular maintainance. Marina Shores in long point for parts and 3 or 4 service jobs...boat was in booths harbour for half a season parked at my parents for lighthouse fishing..other half was stanley..
ya i was one to break up my fishing season and not commit my precious time to one..I like variety..

I like mine farther towards the bow. Don't have to bend over so far to rerig when it's bumpy. If you can fit track I'd recommend it . Also recommend the Scotty weight retriever . Those sure look like Big Jon bases probably mounted at 45 to get screws in easier. You would screw the swivel to them. Gotta have swivel otherwise the dock will eat the riggers. Best if the riggers are inside of oops I the dock strip when swiveled for travel.

Attachments

• PXL_20220814_151712239.jpg
    PXL_20220814_151712239.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 9
That’s awesome Mick. Very cool you can tell the year from the Merc decal colour. Seems like you had a good time with your Wilker. Yes, I am happy with mine! Everything is working well on it. I mean, anyone would be glad to have a new Yamaha or something but I am happy with what I have.

Good tips Twister, thanks. Track would be great, I just don’t love the price for now. The cannon has a base I can turn 90 degrees and have it all sitting within the gunwale, which is great. The big job does not have any swivel base for now. But if it’s in the way it’s 4 thumbscrews, and I can add a swivel base. I trailer it so it doesn’t actually sit on the dock much.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks