downrigger cable

meridian

Arrived at Burwell yesterday , only to find the spool on one of my riggers turning .
How that happened I don't know , a nice big birds nest ,finished up cutting it all off .
Now the question is , is there some place to get it respooled or do I have to do it myself.

Angling outfitters in Woodstock sells cable I just redid mine I'm sure if you bring in your downrigger they will lend you a hand

A few people I know ...are starting too use 200lb braid instead of the metal cable on their rigger's.

I'm not sure why, but its something too think about or research....might be easier and cheaper???

I've used 150lb braid for last 2 years. easy to install, doesn't hum, no wire to worry about snagging those old cuts and no recoil so doesn't jump on a free spool.
it's reasonably inexpensive in a 300ft spool. If you have a little wire lead left just crimp a loop, attach the braid and spool the rigger.
It's my preference....each to their own.

I've used 150lb braid for last 2 years. easy to install, doesn't hum, no wire to worry about snagging those old cuts and no recoil so doesn't jump on a free spool.
it's reasonably inexpensive in a 300ft spool. If you have a little wire lead left just crimp a loop, attach the braid and spool the rigger.
It's my preference....each to their own.
Where did you manage to find 150 lb test braid

Question: Can the water fleas attach to the standard down rigger cable ?
No, just weed & garbage.
Fleas in L. Ont. are worse than on Erie. I double my fishing line between my fingers nails and scrape the line between my fingers, but you have to have good strong nails..
Erie you shake the rod on the water, they come off easy.

Question: Can the water fleas attach to the standard down rigger cable ?
yes....not enough to be a problem.....last time out fleas were attaching too the 15lb mono and 2olb braid....but didn't attach to the 20lb flea flicker or the 30lb mono lines.....not sure about the thicker braids?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks