dogs and camping

triggerfish

can I take my dog camping with family at deer creek conservation?

Does it bark...?
Well she is a dog, so yes she does bark. Now, does she bark alot? No. Generally she does not bark at all, but she has not spent the night camping in a tent yet. She has only stayed til dark when we were camping at longpoint with no barking at all through the day.

My daughter and family camped there a month ago and there were dogs camping also. If you have not been there it's a very nice camp ground. Can fish of a dock, small beach for swimming, and I think you can rent canoes. There is also a large play ground. Enjoy.

What kind of question is that?
And the fact you referred to her as an "it"
Kind of tells me right there that you are not the person to be responding to that question lol

Derek, there is a lady out here that raises a breed of dog that I can't remember the name of and as soon as they are born cuts the vocal cords out so they can't bark. So not all Dogs bark. I can't believe someone would do this and actually think it's a good thing. As far as calling the Dog (notice the capital D) an it all the breeders I have ever dealt with call a female a Bitch and the male a Sire I think it is. To call a Dog an "it" isn't a punishable offence in my books. I wouldn't think it too smart to call your partner an "it" though.

Just call them and ask. We used to rent a cottage in the fall up north and were always pet friendly. We got there and unbeknownst to us they changed to No Pets. We had to scramble around to find a kennel, not fun. Call them.

What kind of question is that?
And the fact you referred to her as an "it"
Kind of tells me right there that you are not the person to be responding to that question lol

Derek, there is a lady out here that raises a breed of dog that I can't remember the name of and as soon as they are born cuts the vocal cords out so they can't bark. So not all Dogs bark. I can't believe someone would do this and actually think it's a good thing. As far as calling the Dog (notice the capital D) an it all the breeders I have ever dealt with call a female a Bitch and the male a Sire I think it is. To call a Dog an "it" isn't a punishable offence in my books. I wouldn't think it too smart to call your partner an "it" though.

Just call them and ask. We used to rent a cottage in the fall up north and were always pet friendly. We got there and unbeknownst to us they changed to No Pets. We had to scramble around to find a kennel, not fun. Call them.

People who cut the barker out of their dog are sickening in my books..
Don't get a dog if you don't the barking..
Just like someone who doesn't like dogs shouldn't go to a pet friendly camp ground.
I wasn't saying he should be punished for calling a dog an "it" just saying this person clearly doesn't care for dogs. And would probably tell someone on here dogs aren't aloud even if they are

Leave your dog at a dog sitter, then you can relax while camping. You don't have to worry that your dog might bite someone:eek:, picking up Poop:poop: with your hand:vomit:, Barking which is very annoying.:rage::banghead:
Don't get me wrong I like some dogs, BUT, because you like dogs, doesn't mean everyone has too like dogs.
Just Saying

Leave your dog at a dog sitter, then you can relax while camping. You don't have to worry that your dog might bite someone:eek:, picking up Poop:poop: with your hand:vomit:, Barking which is very annoying.:rage::banghead:
Don't get me wrong I like some dogs, BUT, because you like dogs, doesn't mean everyone has too like dogs.
Just Saying

In my opinion that can go both ways
Most people who own dogs don't find it annoying to bring your dog camping with you.
If your dog is trained properly it will not bite someone, or bark excessively.
That being said
Just because some people dislike dogs doesn't mean everyone who loves dogs should have to leave their dog at home when on vacation.

Cutting a dog's barker out, wow, sounds like that could border on animal cruelty?
As for camp grounds and pets, that's up to the resort owner's choice\rules, and up to the person's looking to camp there to check ahead of time.
There are camp grounds for rock and roll partying all day and night, camp grd's for adults only no children or pets allowed, religious retreats, family orientated or for the more daring, nudist campgrounds, for the all over tan crowd? But please, no playing fetch with Fido at the nudey beach, he/she could miss??
Saw on the local news a while back, a camp grd designed to bring your horses along.

I have called, but get answering machine, and no info on website.

I have no problem leaving the dog home with my wife (as she hates camping), but my daughter wanted to bring our dog with us this time. I have no problem taking our dog anywhere if it is allowed as she is very well behaved. She has come trout fishing in the creeks with me this spring and will just sit and watch, loves fishing in the boat and enjoyed day camping as well. Just so everyone knows, yes we consider the dog a part of the family and if she can come with us then that is great.
I still have not heard back from Deer creek so will make reservations and hope for the best. Thanks to everyone who replied.

just found my answer in policies when I booked site. Pets - Please keep your pets under control and on a leash not exceeding 2 metres at all times. In addition, you must clean up after your pet. Pets are not allowed on the beach or in swimming areas.

I can't believe someone would cut a dogs voice cords. What would she do to a baby that cries. Omg I'd have a few words for her. And I'm a sweet girl. Grrrr she makes me mad and I don't even know her.

Don't go jumping to conclusions this is why the world we live in is so messed up. Everyone has to be I everyone else's business. If it isn't your dog don't worry about it. Dogs get cropped tails and cropped ears etc to remain in breed confirmation. It's a dog. Dogs are not humans.

Back to the point I have not been to a campground in the last few years when dogs are not allowed. They must be leashed at all times (usually break this if letting dog go for a swim in Creek etc.) We leave our lab tied out on a stake with 2m rope most times close to a picnic table for shade. If we decide to go do something without the dog we put him in trailer (tent) and lock it up. We leave a fan on to cycle the air in the trailer. Now my dog doesn't bark at anything unless he is playing or chasing squirrels or cats out of my back yard.

But if you have one of those yuppie little chihuahuas or rats that yip and bark at their own shadows then leave those things at home as they ruin everyone around you that is there to enjoy themselves. (unless you cut their cords of course...)

Last edited:
I was just there today for the first time in a long time. Paddled around in my kayak for 3 hrs. Didn't fish much but saw lots of small bass and of course sunfish. Also saw a couple of huge carp in one area.. Just remember where there are small bass there are big ones! TC

Well,took the dog camping and she did excellent. The place had lots of dogs. What a nice place to camp. The only negative I have is our site was almost all sloped so 2/3 of it was not useful as it was impossible to set a chair or tent on the slope. But the camp as a whole is awesome. Fishing was not to great. Managed a couple small bass and crappie in the 2 hours or so that we fished. Water was clear and super temp for swimming.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks