Dipsys and Leadcore

LongLines

Hey Guys and Gals, can anyone let me approximately know how far a #1 Dipsy on a 3 setting will run Horizontally from the boat with let's say 100ft of braid. Want to run Leadcore on inline planers (TX44 Super Boards) outside of The Dipsys but am am skeptical about the 2 getting hung up with each other. Thanks in advance.

Hi longline at 106 ft back on a 3 setting your dipsy should run 38ft approx depth with braid

I think that he wants to know how far the dipsy will run to the side of the boat on a #3 setting. I am not sure how far it will go .Maybe just watch where your line is ? I run tx 44 boards and you can let them along way out . I think that you will be okay .

Hi longlines from what I have been told and read #1 setting is %10 of the amount of line out so 100ft of line = 10ft to the side #2=%20 #3=%30 and as far as leadcore I don't think it will matter really your core only drops 5 ft every 30 ft ( colour) of line let out so its not possible to catch the dipsy a dipsy on #3 91ft back goes down 32ft and 90ft of leadcore only goes down 15 so the dipsy will always be down deeper.
Hope this helps

Don't worry how far the dipsey is from the boat it dives much quicker then lead core u can run the lead core and in line planer right over top with no worries on tangling line. Make sure u set everything out back of boat then swing the lines over top we run up to ten rods on a 20' Lund with very few tangles. More important is boat control and not turning to sharp hope this helps

I can pull my big boards with 75' of cord out for running lead core, and run my Dipsy on #3 without issue.

Here is an old post from Hoover on this exact subject....sharpen up you pencil, get youself a big notepad, a calculator and a six pack and you will have your answer in no time!!

http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/dipsey-divers.2437/#post-13683

In all honesty though, as others have stated, lots of guys run dipsies on #3 beside lead core on in-line boards with no issues. I can never remember tangling them other than once when the engine quit and we did a 360 with all the gear still in the water....that was a big problem.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks