dipsy

fallguy

with or without ring?

That’ a bit of a preference and or application question. You will gain greater depths with the ring on while without the ring will allow you to have more line out which means further from the boat. I always have the ring on.

why do my dipesys keep tangeling and wont release its like dragging in a shark and the line to spoon is twisted and fraied

Good quality Large ball bearing swivels are needed on each side (rod side and lure side) of the diver and they generally need to adjusted (release tension) for the fishing conditions and trolling speed.
You should only be pulling this style of diver with braid or wire. Monofilament will only stretch and not release the diver.

Yes buy a good quality swivel I lost 2 Dipsy this yr to swivels switched all mine to these
rs=w:538,h:269,cg:true

Torpedo Snap Swivels

Have you ever had a snap swivel open or wondered why the business end of the snap isn’t rounded? Well we did and so we redesigned a snap swivel that can only be opened by the angler with a nice round business end.

When fighting the fish of your life,
put your trust in Torpedo Snap Swivels.

swivels stop the tangling likely but make sure you adjust the screw that holds the release arm on the dispsey, if its too tight you will keep pulling up that shark. test a little turn at a time until you can yank it once to release, then only tighten it up a bit when you troll faster

why do my dipesys keep tangling and wont release its like dragging in a shark and the line to spoon is twisted and fraied

You may also be letting line out too fast. When I started using dipseys they would come back all tangled and fluorocarbon leader was mangled. I read a post somewhere to let out slow and haven't had n issue since. Let line out with drag on light . Good luck.

Walker deeper divers................no rings, and I second clicker on, thumb on spool, low and slow.

Buy the Deeper Divers, won't have to worry about the ring, their better anyway. The ring could be glued on the dipsy, save the headache.
As mentioned above, your letting your line out to fast causing the dipsy to spin going down will twist your line around your Dipsy.
Fishing solo I set one rod in the holder and slightly loosen the drag so it goes out by itself slowly to your desired length while your letting the other out the same time.
Walker used to own the company that sold the Deeper Diver now Torpedo owns them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks