Dipsy Colours

2girls

Just want to know what colour of dipsy everyone uses for erie

Had good success on wonderbread, gold, batman last year late in the season. Have a purple and black and a neon green haven't been able to use yet !

"Bigger bites...Bigger fights"

I was told by a very reputable charter operator that black and clear are best for walleye to avoid spooking them. Use brighter colours if you're targeting bows and match the dipsy colour to the lure if possible.

I have only ever run clear or black and seem to do fine on both species.

I've been using black for walleye and copper for bows. Leader length is also a factor, longer leaders put your lure further back so colour of the dipsy is less of a factor.

I find Black is the all around color to use, usually always running at least a couple black dipseys on one side of the boat. But every other color has its time and place and will catch both walleye and steelhead.
If you are going to stick with just getting a few dipseys I would suggest Black &/or Purple.

logo-1.jpg

www.southcoastcharter.com
southcoastcharter@gmail.com

Thanks for the replies. I went to buy a black and clear today and they were sold out. Purple is available as are some others. 2 are going to get bought this weekend, regardless of colour!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks