Dipseys

ark angel

Hey guys I was just wondering what size dipseys you are using out on the lake, I am not quite sure, Thanks

#1 ring on for me!
But ring off will allow you to get your baits further away from the boat

#0 is good early in the season when the fish are feeding closer to the surface

#1 ring on for me!
But ring off will allow you to get your baits further away from the boat

#0 is good early in the season when the fish are feeding closer to the surface

Neighbour stopped letting out a dipsy the other day due to a "fish on" moment, then forgot about it.

Another "fish on" on that same dipsy at 60ft back. LOL. 🌻

I put rings on the outside ones. On 3 setting they barely dive, more swing out if anything.

Neighbour stopped letting out a dipsy the other day due to a "fish on" moment, then forgot about it.

Another "fish on" on that same dipsy at 60ft back. LOL. 🌻
I had that happen yesterday but it wasn’t much of a difference from what I was going for
I had my one outside dipsy on 3 setting 140ft out that started catching consistently so I went to lower my other side from 100ft out to 140ft out had to stop at 123 due to fish on another rod and while dealing with that rod the one I just stopped early got fish on. So I started fishing the one side at 140 and the other at 123 lol

Try letting them out really slowly some time for fun and see where the fish will start hitting them.

Closest for me was 48ft. Shallow and close to the boat. 🌻
Early in the season we were catching rainbow 3 setting out 25ft
Not sure how deep that puts the spoon off the top of my head but it was pretty insane I was shocked

Trout where hitting 16 feet behind the boat 20 to 25 feet down late June early July. Off the down riggers. Crazy yet true.
Dipseys get dropped as soon as we find the action. Size 1's and 0's . Great for long line straight trolling, but us salmon guys like circling the bait. Can't do that with 100 feet back as easily.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks