Off Topic Dipsey rings

Interesting thread... I'm ring on... For a few different reasons...

I run mine on 3.5 with wire... Easy math... 1/3
150' will give you approx. 50' down...

I match alot of spoons and cranks to my divers...

I use my divers as attractors...

Ring gives a color break up... Can run a bunch of different color rings...

Rings pull harder when dealing with current and fleas...

I could talk all day about divers...

Do what works best for you... ;)

My dipsies fish with the ring. I paint all my dipsies black, although they now have that “zebra” look. I’m cautious about bright coloured dipsies spooking fish. I very much appreciate the info anglers post on here. I use it as a starting point. It’s very nice of you guys to help others by giving them that starting point.

Ring on for me. I only troll Eastern basin so I’m commonly in 90+ fow. Rings on to get down 45+ feet

Or magnum dipseys in Lake Ontario to get down 90.

Those guys on the Burwell trolling forum might be better off without rings but who knows.

Ring on for me. I think if you are targeting say 40 ft down, the diver with the ring on will be farther to the side of the boat when at the same depth as the diver without the ring. My boat spooks fish.

Ring on for me. I think if you are targeting say 40 ft down, the diver with the ring on will be farther to the side of the boat when at the same depth as the diver without the ring. My boat spooks fish.

Personally not convinced boats spook fish.

My Boat's catch count is higher on inside rods than outside rods.

Some of the boat's best catches are on a #1 dipsy set on 0.25 basically right under the boat.

Some the best bows have been picked off running shallow almost seemingly in the prop wash over the years. 🌻

Personally not convinced boats spook fish.

My Boat's catch count is higher on inside rods than outside rods.

Some of the boat's best catches are on a #1 dipsy set on 0.25 basically right under the boat.

Some the best bows have been picked off running shallow almost seemingly in the prop wash over the years. 🌻
I agree. Years ago Walleye were spooked by the boat and you had to get your lure either way behind or way out to the side of the boat. This year I have caught just as many Walleye off of the slider as I have the mainline of the downrigger. I think that there are so many Walleye now in schools that they have to fight each other for their meals just as I did growing up with 12 kids in my family. If you snooze you lose

I agree. Years ago Walleye were spooked by the boat and you had to get your lure either way behind or way out to the side of the boat. This year I have caught just as many Walleye off of the slider as I have the mainline of the downrigger. I think that there are so many Walleye now in schools that they have to fight each other for their meals just as I did growing up with 12 kids in my family. If you snooze you lose
I notice this when I mark alot. when there is a few fish, Inline board with 5+ colors out outfishes everything for me/ But its a lot of reeling:)

I should have stayed ringless and stayed single. Lol

I never run the rings. Just toss them out. If someone wants mine PM me lol. I find running the #0, #1 and the mags without the rings at different times of the year are more important than something built to break

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks