Dipsey / jet diver rigging

Time2Fish

I have just recently started fishing burwell, after my first week out and not catching anything but 1 drum on jet divers I invested in some good planer boards. Ran ledcore off the planers and jet divers off the back. Had a good day leadcore produced, jet divers nothing. Got a mast for the planers 3rd time out, again planers and leadcore produced , jet divers did not. (same bait).

I am just wondering if I am rigging the jet divers wrong? I have about a 3.5'-4' leader off of it... Maybe that isn't enough?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also if anyone selling a pair of down riggers let me know.... I am thinking that would be a step in the right direction.

i have a pair of walker electrics for sale --- one is temp sense --- other is strike vision ---450 for the pair

with respect to jet divers ---- use 40's and run off back 8 to 12 feet

for riggers call 519-765-3905 port bruce

Sent you an e mail Time2Fish. Never used the email here but I have some manuals Cannons for sale easy troll model with mounts balls and releases for 150 for the pair. Booms are about 30 inch long. For a smaller boat they work great I run em off the back of my 21 ft sylvan with my Walkers out the sides. Call 519 467-0326 ask for Bob if your interested I'm in the Woodstock area.

Agree with Goose Egg your leader may be a bit short. I wouldn't go any longer than the length of the rod.

What size dipsy is most commonly used at Burwell/Bruce? 0's or 1's and what are a few good colors. Also are you guys pulling spoons, cranks, harnesses or just a combination of all?

#1's are most common with black being the most popular colour.
No problem getting them down deep enough.
I run spoons, cranks & harnesses off them.

Guys, I'd like to thank all who responded for their interest in my riggers. They have been sold as of last evening. Congrats to WallyWalleye for being so quick on the draw. Sorry to Time2Fish for not having time to respond quicker. That was a tough one dude.

Tight lines everyone

No prob chromeseeker, I was just a little to slow getting back to ya. Goose egg, little more than i am looking to spend at this point. If you have some room to drop price please email me @ jayson_hill@rogers.com. Thanks for the advice on the leader guys. I will report back results after next trip out (next weekend I hope).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks