Off Topic Dipsey Color ?

Rob V

So I’m looking to replace a couple of dispel’s I lost recently and haven’t shopped for them in a while. The array of colours available is a bit mind boggling ! So my question : does the color or your Dipsey make much of a difference or is the size and setting more important ? What are the thoughts of the experts out there ? Thanks very much for your input.

I only run 2 dipsys on my boat. Black #1 size on 3 setting. I did just pick up a pair of batman color that I'm going to play with this weekend

Another vote for black here although we also used to to well with a dark purple chromed color that I haven't found in a while

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest it really doesn't matter. I have black, fire tiger and orange on my boat and they all seem to produce equally. I don't even pay attention to which one I'm putting on anymore.

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest it really doesn't matter. I have black, fire tiger and orange on my boat and they all seem to produce equally. I don't even pay attention to which one I'm putting on anymore.

Blasphemy! ;)🤪

From the outset of owning this boat, on Erie ran 2 black on port and 2 other on starboard. Regularly and consistently port out fished starboard.

I finally gave in and put 2 black out. Game changer on results.

I'm a believer, painted 2 more black so I can run 6 with 3 onboard. 🌻

Last time I was out only the open water side of the boat caught fish. Shore facing side got nothing. All colours caught. Fish are weird.

Salmon on Lake O though.

But, that's only half of the question.... is it a solid color, or are bottom and top different colors (lots of dipseys are silver on the bottom regardless of the top) ? Interesting thread. I'll be running the black the next few times.out, just to see

I’ll be an odd ball here. Black does great for catching fish, but my best quality fish always come on the metallic gold

That's it then, I'll paint mine black and white with reflective stickers. Maybe I'll catch something on dipsey. I usually pull them for a couple of hours then put them away.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks