Depth Temp. and Speed at the ball

Thirstystone

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
:) I know it's a little early yet for soft water talk, but I am thinking about a Fishhawk X4D unit for my boat. Has anyone on this board have or has used one and could you tell me how it worked for you. Thanks, Larry:)

quote:
Originally posted by Thirstystone

:) I know it's a little early yet for soft water talk, but I am thinking about a Fishhawk X4D unit for my boat. Has anyone on this board have or has used one and could you tell me how it worked for you. Thanks, Larry:)

X2 or atleast the smaller clip on version that tells temp at 5 ft increments

I run the depth raider version and wouldn't fish with out it. It's key to have. You will be very surprised at what you will find.

Reel Busy Sport Fishing
519-494-9308

Thirstystone. I have the fishhawk X4 and have used it for two seasons. It definetely put more fish in the boat and worked flawlessly. No coated cable or antenna to fool around with. We troll mainly in Lake Huron. In late March the temps are about the same everywhere but the current is really different. In July and August used it for finding cold water and it works!! I would buy the new model that also gives exact depth at the ball (uses a pressure sensor). It is expensive but it made a difference to catching. Good luck!!

Thirstystone...I use the Fish Hawk TD described by jamieharrow24 as I didn't want to put out 800 bucks for the X4D. Other than speed it tells you the same thing as the X4D, temp in 5 ft. increments and speed of the entire water column down to 300 ft. accurately. Even though you don't have the convenience of watching it on a screen it works like a charm. You can lower it on your fishing rod or downrigger ball and get the info you want then start fishing. Or you can also run it on your cannon ball, Dipsy Diver or leadcore while trolling to know the exact depth they are actually running at along with the temp.

So if cost is a concern this will certainly fill your needs very economically. In case your interested they have them online at www.radioworld.ca in Toronto right now for a very good sale price of $119. Now doesn't that sound better than $800? :D:D

Iam going to put the fish hawk or the digitrol on the HAPPY PAPPY this spring. Talk to josh at ANGLING OUTFITTERS he can go over pros and cons on both units. Both are excellent units the digitrol is way less money.
Trust this helps you.
:)[}:)]8D

:)Thanks for all the feedback on my question...it will make my decision easier when I go to see Josh..:)

PS...can you imagine trying to get this kind of info...without a board like this...

There's a new kid in town.
http://www.smarttroll.com/

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks