Delta waterfowl Youth Decoy Contest

wtrfowlwoody

I found this on another site and thought I would post it. I talked to Worth and he was all for getting our Canadian youth involved. So if you have a young carver please encourage him or her to participate.
Youth Decoy Contest

e2598bfc-ba0a-4cc0-8d30-e94343055043.jpg
Youth Decoy Carvers Wanted
EVER WHITTLED a stick? Well, if you want to try a little more artistic woodworking project, we have a contest just for you.
Worth Mathewson, Delta Waterfowl magazine field editor, is sponsoring and funding a decoy carving contest for youth ages 14 and under. The top prize is a CZ Ringneck 20-gauge double-barreled shotgun.
Here’s what you need to know: All entries must be a drake canvasback, and can be carved from wood or cork. The bird must be a self-righting, working decoy. Judges will test for how well the decoy rides the water. Work on all decoys must be done entirely by the contestant.
Decoys are due June 1, 2014, and must be sent by U.S. Mail only. No Federal Express or UPS deliveries will be accepted. Send completed decoys to Worth Mathewson, Box 130, Amity, OR 97101. Please include your name, age and address. Decoys will be returned.
A panel of judges will determine the winner in early June, and winners will be notified in July 2014. In addition to receiving a fine shotgun, the winning carver — and decoy — will be featured in Delta Waterfowl magazine.
Now, go find a block of wood and start shaping, sanding and painting. We want to see your decoy!
fe90e152-47c6-496d-97c1-bdac5c020ea1.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks