delayed Port Burwell report. Mon. Sept. 11

Eye Dr.

Hey all. New to forum, and farily new to Erie. My Wife and I were out on Monday from Port Burwell. Caught 4 eyes but had to work hard for them. All around the 16" range. 2 off leadcore with spoon (7 colors), 1 off dipsey and live target perch finish (out 150' num 2), and 1 off rigger and spoon (down 50' back 100') all between 50 and 58 fow. Heard Redfins were good in silver/bl and gold/bl... so we dragged some around on all lines at different depths and not a sniff! Also,,, been out 3 times this year on Erie (twice from port glasgow) and haven't seen a rainbow?! Any suggestions as to direction to go, or depth range, if I head out from Port Burwell to find some? Not asking for waypoints just a general direction for this time of year and an average depth. :) Thanks in advance. I'm hoping to get out again this week for the last time. I'll post results if I do. Good luck and good fishing to you all!
Cheers,
The Eye Dr.

My experience last few times out is the bows have pretty much taken a hike for this year. There may still be a few around.

Hey all. New to forum, and farily new to Erie. My Wife and I were out on Monday from Port Burwell. Caught 4 eyes but had to work hard for them. All around the 16" range. 2 off leadcore with spoon (7 colors), 1 off dipsey and live target perch finish (out 150' num 2), and 1 off rigger and spoon (down 50' back 100') all between 50 and 58 fow. Heard Redfins were good in silver/bl and gold/bl... so we dragged some around on all lines at different depths and not a sniff! Also,,, been out 3 times this year on Erie (twice from port glasgow) and haven't seen a rainbow?! Any suggestions as to direction to go, or depth range, if I head out from Port Burwell to find some? Not asking for waypoints just a general direction for this time of year and an average depth. :) Thanks in advance. I'm hoping to get out again this week for the last time. I'll post results if I do. Good luck and good fishing to you all!
Cheers,
The Eye Dr.

Haven't seen any bows at Glasgow for 2 weeks but there's no shortage of pickerel, had an awesome morning out there today, lake was flat and bite was continuous.

Eye Dr,

If our out trolling the deeper waters, say 61ft plus, try pulling and orange, orange and black coloured spoon, I personally would run it mid column.
If they see it they will come after it when there hungry.
Received a text this morning and fellow co-worker had 2 and some other info I got last week puts some of them east of that deeper ever so slightly cooler bottom water shown on noaa.

Good luck, will post my results tomorrow.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks