Deer Tag Screw Up - Could Use Suggestions

jeffbrick

Hi all,

First, best of luck to all for a safe and successful fall season. I had a really stupid moment and selected the wrong printer when I was printing my tag. Had one shot at it and whiffed!!! Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to get another chance to print it? Of course I tried to print it on the weekend and the help number is not available until Monday. Am I best to call on Monday or is there another way to get the "one time" print set up? Suggestion appreciated. I'm located in Stratford and will be hunting up in the Walkerton area.

Jeff Brick

You can go to a an store that sells tags and they can print one off for you. Have had it happen to a couple of people at our camp.

Good luck next week!

Have you tried to download it? Then you could print it off your computer.

I bought my tag at Canadian Tire and their printer screwed up. So went to another Canadian Tire and they called for me. Service Ontario picked up the phone right away and allowed the tag to be printed again. Good luck.

I've done a very similar dah moment and after about 100 calls to 800 numbers I googled and found a direct number to a very helpfull lady with MNRF. She knows her job and is there to help, if she can. Her name is Lori Shepstone 705-312-4875.
Hopes this helps.

Another after thought. You must be in the Controlled Hunt Jeff? Your summary will say you were successful for the controlled hunt. You can still participate as long as you are in proximity to a tag holder. You just can’t tag anything until you get your tag printed. IMO you are good for Monday morning.

Another after thought. You must be in the Controlled Hunt Jeff? Your summary will say you were successful for the controlled hunt. You can still participate as long as you are in proximity to a tag holder. You just can’t tag anything until you get your tag printed. IMO you are good for Monday morning.
Agreed!
Hunt the morning get your tag printed at crappy tire after sitting for the morning

Hi. It's an encrypted file so you cannot download it or print to PDF. Once you get your one shot to print, the file is not accessible..
Unless something's changed, I've never had one that I couldn't print with the destination as "save as PDF" and then print later.

Same as Could get Ugly said if on your summary it shows controlled hunt for Nov 7 then you can still party hunt until you get your tag reprinted.

I’m not a hunter but no matter what you’re printing you should be able to print to a pdf and then you can reprint anytime.

Can’t comment because I’ve never tried, was worried so just print immediately

It would be an offence to possess more than one printed copy of your tag. As they're paper and not very durable it's nice to have the option. On the site it would seem like it's not an option to save as a PDF.
If they really wanted it not to be so they would change the system/options.

My suggestion? Don't wait until the last minute. I know that doesn't help but...next year download the file as a pdf and print it as many times as you like.

Good luck, at least you got a tag, I forgot to enter the draw and it wasn't because I was too busy pulling walleye from the lake. Getting old isn't for the weak.

sure Jeff got his deer tag he payed for....and he will kill his deer instantly..

I miss deer hunting a little ...all the years I hunted ML to keep land owner permission since the 80s..I got my fill..and giver up with last one 2019..thanks to a handful of landowners I am so grateful..I won`t forget..

I called the MNR line and they reset it for me so I could print it off again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks