Deep fryers

We love our Camp Chef two burner stove. Used to have a single burner stove for deep frying in the driveway and it worked well for the years we had it. We upgraded to this Camp Chef 14" stove and could not be happier. Now we use the stove for more than deep frying. We use it for car camping and even handy for cooking breakfast when we have a large group over and more. The fact it is cast iron makes for easy clean up. Great product! Camp Chef has a lot of accessories as well for cooks who want to cook in the outdoors.

1647005916786.png

My deep fryer compared to the ones that have a burner heating the oil from the bottom is that in short time your oil is no good. Direct heat combine with what ever coatings you put on your fish for an example falls on the bottom and will burn and ruin your oil.
See attached info on how it’s heated.
Like it’s says how people per hour you can feed and I’m sure it’s correct. I can fry approx 40 perch fillets in about 15 mins, 10 lbs of med chicken wings a good 30 mins (80-90 wings). Also I can reuse the oil for many frying occasions. Fish and fries gets the new oil first and after a few meals it’s chicken wings and before it’s drained it’s a feast of deep fried dill pickles. It’s just endless what gets thrown in it😂😂
Before we got hit with Covid, we buy a 16 lt jug of canola oil at Costco for $19.00, the last one I bought in the fall was almost $40.00
View attachment 55346
I frequently will pour my oil out, straining out any sediment or left overs - attempting to keep my oil cleaner to avoid the burnt bits from ruining my oil. Once cleaned I will store back in the jugs - refilling cooker when using again. I don't use my deep fryer much to not a big hassle to do. After straining - once poured in the jugs there will be some fines that settle in the jug - these can be kept out when refilling by a slow pour or by filtering - depending upon how much I see in the bottom. Just my way.

Yes and very quick, big fryers are good for a large group but for 2 people your only using a litre of oil. For the fresh cut fries I blanch them first then do the second plunge after the fish is done and bob’s your uncle. I salt my fries soon as I take them out of the oil, secret for good tasting fries👍
I also have the Grand Pappy what I don't like is no heat control and a little on the small side for 2 people but like that it uses less oil maybe 2 L also remember to remove the plastic lid before plugging it I had a mess of melted plastic in the oil to clean out someone must have put the lid back on when my back was turned ........................maybe

I also have the Grand Pappy what I don't like is no heat control and a little on the small side for 2 people but like that it uses less oil maybe 2 L also remember to remove the plastic lid before plugging it I had a mess of melted plastic in the oil to clean out someone must have put the lid back on when my back was turned ........................maybe
I think it stops heating the oil when it reaches the proper temp, I could be wrong, but never had a issue.
When my fries are done I have a wire basket in my oven set on warm, throw them in then do my fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks