Dalhousie in the AM

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I guess the good thing about being retired from one job and the boss for the other. Is being able to look at the weather report for the next morning and decide this is gonna be a 4 day workweek instead. (Unless we get nice winds on Friday too?). Heading out with my usual PIC and @derek9 is coming along as well so I can convince him he needs too buy my two spare Scotty electric downriggers to really enjoy that salmon fishing? If anyone else is going out in that area DM me your phone number and I will text you if we locate the promised land?

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpeg
    IMG_2051.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2050.jpeg
    IMG_2050.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 47
Have a guy at work looking for a pair of riggers. If still available let me know what you want for them and I will pass it along.
Thanks

Well perhaps Dalhousie has reached its usefulness this spring so next time we hit Ontario it will probably be further west to Brontë. We went 2/3 today and the best one of the day broke the leader line when the dipsey was set and proceeded to jump outta the water half a dozen times after with my flasher and fly just to stick it to me! Our boat was subjected to the obnoxiousness of our American neighbours halfway threw. A US charter captain cut us off then came up beside us and cut in front of us again while yelling at us ‘Canadians to get back on our own side’. Then obviously the insults started flying. I then realized even though all three on board have NY state fishing license we do not partake in the ‘concealed carry’ permit of the majority of our American neighbours. So some distance was put between the only two boats out there today in order to ensure mine came back with the same amount of bullet holes it crossed the border with. Is it just me or is entitlement and an obnoxious personality seem to be the standard?

Attachments

• IMG_7171.jpeg
    IMG_7171.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7173.jpeg
    IMG_7173.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7165.jpeg
    IMG_7165.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 30
Well perhaps Dalhousie has reached its usefulness this spring so next time we hit Ontario it will probably be further west to Brontë. We went 2/3 today and the best one of the day broke the leader line when the dipsey was set and proceeded to jump outta the water half a dozen times after with my flasher and fly just to stick it to me! Our boat was subjected to the obnoxiousness of our American neighbours halfway threw. A US charter captain cut us off then came up beside us and cut in front of us again while yelling at us ‘Canadians to get back on our own side’. Then obviously the insults started flying. I then realized even though all three on board have NY state fishing license we do not partake in the ‘concealed carry’ permit of the majority of our American neighbours. So some distance was put between the only two boats out there today in order to ensure mine came back with the same amount of bullet holes it crossed the border with. Is it just me or is entitlement and an obnoxious personality seem to be the standard?
Lovely bunch they were... whole lake only 2 or 3 boats out there and these bastards tried to force us off our track and then proceeded to accuse us of motoring over their Lead... like hello you cut in front of us!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks