Cursed?

Shortnfat

Hi guys. Need some help. Went out to Maitland again yesterday and got skunled again. We have no problem finding fish, its making them bite is the problem.
We changed lures frequently between riggers and dipseys. Spoons, worm harnesses, erie deery, stick baits. Played with speed....A couple of knock-offs is all we've gotten in 3 outtings. Screen is littered with fish looking at our riggers.
We fished mostly in 50 FOW but went deeper and shallow with same results.
Suggestions?

Hi guys. Need some help. Went out to Maitland again yesterday and got skunled again. We have no problem finding fish, its making them bite is the problem.
We changed lures frequently between riggers and dipseys. Spoons, worm harnesses, erie deery, stick baits. Played with speed....A couple of knock-offs is all we've gotten in 3 outtings. Screen is littered with fish looking at our riggers.
Suggestions?
One suggestion is make your sure your lures are above the fish , and not below them

We went out of Hoovers to the tip of the Point and fished 7 hours and hit three bows and 3 walleye. Bait everywhere and they do seem to have lock jaw. We also were 50-60 feet and set lures with in-line weights no deeper than 20 to 35 feet down and it was a grind. My screen was lit up and massive schools on bottom. Lots of bait balls. Also noticed commercial boats dragging nets I think. They packed up and we noticed a flock of birds so we went towards them. They were there due to the massive slick of bait fish floating on the surface. No lure colour or style all random selections caught our fish.

The East end has been tough, I know lots of seasoned veterans who have been struggling so don't be discouraged. The fish will show up soon and hopefully they will be plentiful.

Suggestions?
time of the day also play a role. similar like you. yesterday, in burwell, we had no bite at all between 2pm and 5pm even countless fishes marked. around 5pm, actions started till 8pm we went back.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks