Curiosity Question

fshrgrl

Was there ever any foxhunting done in Norfolk County?

So a small group of us want to go out next fall on horseback with dogs for fox/coyote (on private property). We all have hunting licences but I assume we need small game. Would the dogs have to be licenced as well?

I used to hunt fox all the time many years ago not sure about licences for a dog
but unless it changed you needed a township licence to hunt fox and we needed
a township licence for each township we hunted in

@fshrgrl according to the regulations all that is required in this part of Ontario is a small game licnse to hunt both fox or coyote and of course a hunting version outdoors card. The township/municipality licences @Gunner_1 is referring to is only needed when hunting rabbits but not for fox or coyote. It says absolutely nothing about restrictions for dogs or the need to have a special license for them when hunting fox or coyote. I think you should have the regular dog tag for what municipality you live in on your dogs but I would assume you already have that. Hope this helps and you can check it out for yourself on the link below scrolling down to fur bearing mammals coyote/fox.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@fw/documents/document/239852.pdf

The Queen loves hunting fox and would be impressed. So Tally Ho and Away We Go @fshgrl!!! :D:D:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks