Fishing Report Creek specks/browns

jerk bait

Rain gave away to sunshine this afternoon and the bite turned on. Creek was high but clear and no traffic at all.
Started slow but finished great.

Kept a 12 incher for the pan tonight rest went back.

Count 4 specks , 2 browns and complete surprise/fluke largemouth bass that decided it wanted to live in a Creek pool.

Almost time to start getting ready
Pickerel/pike opener at the camp.

Attachments

• 20230501_144055.jpg
    20230501_144055.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 71
Did you toss the bass in the bushes? That’s was the response I got when I told I guy I caught a bass when fishing a local trout creek. He said their eating the trout.

Did you toss the bass in the bushes? That’s was the response I got when I told I guy I caught a bass when fishing a local trout creek. He said their eating the trout.
No I threw it back. Was a bit in shock to see a largemouth up that far. There is no doubt they are eating some trout up there. 25 years fishing there and the first bass caught in there

I also caught a bass in a creek. I was fishing specks and then caught a largemouth. First time I've ever caught a bass in a trout pool.

I also caught a bass in a creek. I was fishing specks and then caught a largemouth. First time I've ever caught a bass in a trout pool.
Yes ...glad I wasn't dreaming!! Not sure if ota concerning or not . Its was many km from anything that would hold largemouth bass.
I have caught them in the slow moving sections of big creek before but never a small fast water spring fed creek . The water temp had to mid 40s at best

I get this same guy year after year out of the same pool. This creek I steelhead fish in spring gets a tonne of smallies in from Erie this time of year but he's the only largie and seems to own this particular pool

Attachments

• 20200507_134744.jpg
    20200507_134744.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 25
I get this same guy year after year out of the same pool. This creek I steelhead fish in spring gets a tonne of smallies in from Erie this time of year but he's the only largie and seems to own this particular pool
That's great...must be enough good.

Back