Crappie fishing

average ryan

Not looking for spots or anything just looking to see when they start coming in usually.... with kids being off school we need to get out of this house more lol thanks everyone!!!

This year might be different because of the mild winter, but i usually start getting them around late april/early may. It doesnt last long, i swear like 3 weeks. It depends more on water temp than anything. From what i have heard the north shores get more sun and heat up a bit faster. It should be coming up close, but it turns on an off pretty fast.

Got a few other day. Some slabs . It's still early though. I get then right to about early june depending on weather.
Not looking for spots or anything just looking to see when they start coming in usually.... with kids being off school we need to get out of this house more lol thanks everyone!!!

Just picked up a sweet st Croix panfish series rod at lambeth rod and tackle today. Cant wait to get onto some crappies, probably my favorite time of year. If any one is hitting up the bay, could you get me some water temp readings in the shallows please?
I am hoping things will turn from a crappy time in lockdown to a crappier time, if you catch my drift.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks