Off Topic Crappie fishing

Redneck 77

Ok with spring a little ways a away I want to try crappie fishing this year. I have heard that crappies are good eating and fun fishing. So can anyone tell me where and what time to look for them from shore or on water I have a very good tracker boat to fish water with

In the past I got them in Caledonia at the dam but haven’t tried in years. Where I used to get them is now fenced off. I was always told that Big Creek (the one that feeds into the Grand) under the hwy 54 bridge was good in the spring but have no experience with it. They are great eating, much like perch. I plan on trying to find them this spring too, first year in a long time that hockey tryouts won’t interfere.

Ice fish around the docks in longpoint. I have talked to a few guys who say they still school up like crazy in the marinas in the winter. Not sure if your allowed to fish the marinas even if you use public property to access the waterway though. Anybody know the answer to this?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks