Crappie Fishing

Hit n Run

Hey, can anyone out there tell me if it is Crappie Fishing time?
We have heard that the water temp isn't quite there yet.
Would love to pull in some crappie this spring :)

Typically the bite starts when the water temps in the channels approaches 55F....some might be caught before that but fishing is tough enough not to waste the fuel getting here. Water froze across Monday night so that should help say it is way cold yet.

I caught a few earlier this month, enough for a nice dinner. It was wicked cold and the ice had just gone out. I was honestly quite surprised to see them in. Some big ones too. I went back yesterday and nothing. Not even sunfish. I guess it is hit and miss this early and when it is this cold.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1523571130699.jpg
    FB_IMG_1523571130699.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 91
I am heading to the point tomorrow for a full day out fishing..hopefully the warm day and some rain got things moving. Ill post the water temp and action around dinner tomorrow in case people plan on going out this weekend

Was out from cold cuts at about 11 and fished till 7pm with not a bite frome anything. Cruised the channels and hit the open water in the canoe. Water temps were max 45 in the shallow channels. I would say give it 2 weeks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks