crappie fishing

Ingold Archery

Very disappointed that we didn't get to go to the Detroit river, so we went crappie fishing. Three hours fishing Saturday, brought home 12 11- 12'' crappie, released that many, a 2 lbs large mouth (released)and 5 lbs pike( also released).
Sunday we brought home 31 crappie in the 11-12'' range with several released. Great time had with my son.
Next weekend Detroit river, hell or high muddy water.

Love to hear about people catching Crappie..they are one of my fav's when I can find them. I noticed you started this thread with a comment about going to Detroit River...I would like to venture their myself this weekend and am about as new as you can get both to this forum and to the area...although not new to time in the boat. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Like where you launch and any local accommodations (hotel) that are boat/trailer friendly. Anything would be great.
Thanks!!!

Thanks Stomp. I do appreciate the help. Looks like it's a busy spot.

Looks like the popular method is jigging. Will I have any luck trolling? Or is it typically too busy for that??

Last edited:
we were out in long point sunday, didnt get any crappie on live minnows, but got about 14 using soft plastic minnows under a bobber, and got a couple perch

Sorry as the water heats up a double jig head a foot apart tipped with a half minnow ......under a slipp float
Look for structure trees branches or a wall :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks