crabs the ones you fish with lol

walleye5

are they legal to use if you catch your own locally.

Consult the regs to be sure, but I think it's illegal to transport them over land. Too bad, cuz catching crabs (the kind you fish with) can be a lot of fun :D.

I think you mean crayfish not crabs lol....!!!you are allowed to have in possession or catch 36 crayfish per license and they are great for bass and pickeral!!!

See http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_165361.html . The way I read it, you can possess them, but can't transport them over land. Not sure how you prove where you caught them...

they have to be caught in the same water you're fishing in. it's invasive species protection.....sure miss those "soft shell" crayfish for those bass!

yeah the reason you cant transport them is the rusty crayfish is invasive species . My father in law was talking about soft shell crabs I didn't know what he was talking about either until he told me how he caught them.

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

Soft shell crabs/crayfish are regular ones right after they molt and the shells have not hardened up. They are easily caught bey hand or in wire minnow traps baited with bread, or dead minnows. Excellent for fishing with.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks