Off Topic Covid boating rules?

You get stopped every year for a covid address check?
Get stopped every year by the OPP checking for safety gear.
Heading up tomorrow & heard they were out full force today but not asking about addresses. 2 guys I know that were stopped today in a 16ft boat were not asked.

I think common sense has to rule the day. If you need/want to boat/fish with somebody outside you household and can't keep 6ft apart, then at the least everyone should wear a face covering when in the boat. Could be a mask or bandanna of some kind but it should cover the mouth and the nose. People need some activity for our mental health as well but as one post already states, if we don't do this responsibly, then there is a good chance things once again will be closed. So it is a little ask and we can fish this summer!

I think common sense has to rule the day. If you need/want to boat/fish with somebody outside you household and can't keep 6ft apart, then at the least everyone should wear a face covering when in the boat. Could be a mask or bandanna of some kind but it should cover the mouth and the nose. People need some activity for our mental health as well but as one post already states, if we don't do this responsibly, then there is a good chance things once again will be closed. So it is a little ask and we can fish this summer!
Completely agree.... just use common sense and fish on

I fished Burwell saturday with the misses, launched no problem but when i came in, the rule was 2 boats at launch (Otter) one on each dock, as I'm backing in the trailer a boat with 2 gentlemen came in to park beside my boat with my misses holding the ropes. There was another boat on the other launch pad, I quickly got out and reminded them about the Covid ettiquette, they quickly backed off, and when i pulled my boat out they came to dock.... People use your common sense and follow the rules put in place at launches please,,, cheers..

One of the problems with this virus is the wide range of symptoms. A friend of mine....and a health care professional got it. His only symptoms were night sweats and thirst. His wife claimed he was menopausal and they joked about it. Mandatory testing caught it and he was isolated with his family for two weeks. For some people it is deadly, for others, it is like catching a chill. but there is no way to know.
My son and I will be fishing together because he has been living with us for 30 years...and eating me right out of the house at the same time. There will be nobody else in my boat until we get a good handle on this thing. That is MY comfort zone but each has to make his own decision. Tight lines and good fishing people.

What happens when a schizophrenic goes fishing ?? by himself … or brings his other guy with him..??? Do both of hims get charged?? How about multi personalities ?? do they all get charged ??
So many questions .. What the phuck??

Up fishing bay of Quinte this week & as usual we were stopped by the OPP doing there regular checks.
Asked them about having people from different addresses together in the same boat.
They told us20200526_155216.jpg that as long as u are using common sense then they are ok with it.
We were fishing 2 of us in a 16ft aluminium boat. No problems.

Up fishing bay of Quinte this week & as usual we were stopped by the OPP doing there regular checks.
Asked them about having people from different addresses together in the same boat.
They told usView attachment 23414 that as long as u are using common sense then they are ok with it.
We were fishing 2 of us in a 16ft aluminium boat. No problems.
Wow...just like some of us been saying all along...common sense

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks