COVID-19 Devastating Commercial Fishing Industry

Ignorant and selfish attitudes are what has caused Canada to have such a long gradual curve and are the main reasons this has been drawn out for so long. If people would have smartened up much earlier on, we would have been on the downside of the curve and returning to somewhat normal lives by now. Instead, we're still slowly climbing.

With a novel virus, meaning a new unknown strain of virus, nobody has a cure and nobody knows what it's capable of. Therefore, it's only logical to minimize it's spread until we get an idea of what we're dealing with.

If you want to point fingers, point them at the people who ignored warnings to social distance and stay home.
You can blame Trudeau and the Feds on how they handled incoming flights.When his wife got infected from traveling to England.That should of been him his wake up call.They should of had a mandatory 14 day quarantine then at the start of March.Trudeau didn’t want to look racist by doing that.
If they nipped it in the butt then and there,we wouldn’t be in the place we are now.
That’s the facts Jack.

Unfortunately it’ll take a family member or friend to become infected before most of these guys understand. It’s only about the lost fishing and hunting time

Unfortunately, working hard and living life took all my grandparents and dead family and I know my garndfather sure as hell wouldn't have stood down and given in to this shit. Heck my 80 year old neighbor thinks this is all a government scam. He has basically said if it's my time it's my time.

Ignorant and selfish attitudes are what has caused Canada to have such a long gradual curve and are the main reasons this has been drawn out for so long. If people would have smartened up much earlier on, we would have been on the downside of the curve and returning to somewhat normal lives by now. Instead, we're still slowly climbing.

With a novel virus, meaning a new unknown strain of virus, nobody has a cure and nobody knows what it's capable of. Therefore, it's only logical to minimize it's spread until we get an idea of what we're dealing with.

If you want to point fingers, point them at the people who ignored warnings to social distance and stay home.
Actually your government that you elected didnt issue a full lockdown which was required. They missed the boat...they had a chance and didnt do it.... everybody that I know has taken reasonable steps in their day to day life to help out.
Fast forward ... your same government is starting to lay down a plan to re open the economy. Big manufacturers back to work. If you insist on pointing fingers , point to ones you see on TV everyday. Critical mistake made .

Ok @jerk bait ... You have trolled this lure a few times now and I will bite. What is your government that you elected?
Same one you did ....and same one that dodnt lock down properly. Same one that let people come in from other places including China. Same one that was super slow to react. Point is it's yours and my government that's at fault. While you can wish to point fingers are ordinary everyday people, you should be pointing at the ones who helped create this....
Half the real issue I'd the unknown and lack of a plan. For example ( and just one example of many) they haven't even committed to closing schools for the year... why ? Why have other province's in better shape had the ability to look ahead and we didnt ? Keep pushing it back..its almost May!! Commit to closing them or reopen them..thousands of people return to work may 4. They will need child care. There is almost 1 million kids in this province in limbo..like really??? Blame the proper ones...
..so then when some would.like the boat ramps open to ease mental health strains among other reasons they get backlash
..seems redundant ..

The government has effectively killed 10, 000's of small businesses to save few people.

Not trying to stir the pot. I feel for everyone's future lives who have been ruined through this shit

If you disagree so strongly offer yourself and your family to be sacrificed to Covid19 and it will be “over for you” the rest of us will just do what ever it requires to out last this epidemic.

So @jerk bait, you could say "our government, that we elected" , so as not to appear as pointing fingers. The way I've been interpreting your posts is that my government is somehow different than your government and that I've done something wrong for having voted.
Seems to me JB should have ran for office because he has ALL the answers, easy to judge from the outside looking in and having zero responsibility for millions of people.

So @jerk bait, you could say "our government, that we elected" , so as not to appear as pointing fingers. The way I've been interpreting your posts is that my government is somehow different than your government and that I've done something wrong for having voted.
Not at all , but you are as responsible as anyone. I voted too! Point is the ones who want to point fingers on here should be pointing them in the proper places..pointing them at the guys who want to isolate and take their boat out onto a open lake is NOT the proper place ..the proper place is the government that WE elected. They messed up and continue to do so and now we are at the pont when things need to start reopening and it's not much better .

Seems to me JB should have ran for office because he has ALL the answers, easy to judge from the outside looking in and having zero responsibility for millions of people.
Too honest for that job... but really??? Is it that hard to see what went wrong ? Open borders and slow to react. My main point was just how smart do you need to be to confirm your education system?." yes our neighbouring provinces which are in much better shape then we are took the precautions and closed schools for the remainder of the school year " ... genius ...its almost May!!! One million kids in this province out of school. Not to mention teachers and parents who now have to scramble for child care because they have to go back to work and still no decision made.....how can their health officials be so much smarter or dumber ( depending on how you look at it ) then ours ? How can they make the hard choices instead of not clarifying? While I dont condone the protests lately, I can understand the frustrations. No plan in place and if they do no transparency back to the people. You dont have to have all the answers but closing down the school year is probably an easy solution at this point. Is this really that difficult?

You can blame Trudeau and the Feds on how they handled incoming flights.When his wife got infected from traveling to England.That should of been him his wake up call.They should of had a mandatory 14 day quarantine then at the start of March.Trudeau didn’t want to look racist by doing that.
If they nipped it in the butt then and there,we wouldn’t be in the place we are now.
That’s the facts Jack.
How'd that work out for the USA?

Same one you did ....and same one that dodnt lock down properly. Same one that let people come in from other places including China. Same one that was super slow to react. Point is it's yours and my government that's at fault. While you can wish to point fingers are ordinary everyday people, you should be pointing at the ones who helped create this....
Half the real issue I'd the unknown and lack of a plan. For example ( and just one example of many) they haven't even committed to closing schools for the year... why ? Why have other province's in better shape had the ability to look ahead and we didnt ? Keep pushing it back..its almost May!! Commit to closing them or reopen them..thousands of people return to work may 4. They will need child care. There is almost 1 million kids in this province in limbo..like really??? Blame the proper ones...
..so then when some would.like the boat ramps open to ease mental health strains among other reasons they get backlash
..seems redundant ..
Do a root cause analysis and you'll find the real answer. Everything else is a fallout from that.

My daughters a nurse, I mention the threads on this forum to her occasionally, she knows I love fishing and am a member here..............Just shakes her head "people don't get it Dad, simple but they just don't get it" As always, followed by wash your hands Dad as I am still doing service calls. Have not seen my daughter for 2 months now.

Can’t wait for fishing to begin so we can stop bickering about politics. I am as guilty as anyone. It appears that in hindsight all governments on the planet missed the boat on this one. Than again, hindsight is 20/20.

Can’t wait for fishing to begin so we can stop bickering about politics. I am as guilty as anyone. It appears that in hindsight all governments on the planet missed the boat on this one. Than again, hindsight is 20/20.
Spot on, they are learning as it goes. Coulda/woulda/shoulda.

As a charter boat operater our season is likely done for this year oh sure the boat launches will open likely end of may but every person in your boat will have to be your family only from same address because of the 6ft distance how do you do that in a boat. so I can go out solo to get my 6 fish walleye in an hour what a blast that is ''NOT'' oh well I will be alive to fish next year. will go back to work soon and work lots of OT may just put boat in around June need to get a feel for my new boat. stay safe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks